Notice Addressing Beta Questions

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

Content only means a larger file size not a larger load on your RAM... that's for whats on the screen and what it's loading at a time
    That's why lighting highly affects how a computer runs a game

but if anything i hope there is more options rather then Terrarias options

PlayMp1 and Axe Garian like this.
  2. Maltion

Maltion Void-Bound Voyager

My weak, human skin is ready to endure the vicious alien planets of the universe!

3. MrDrMuffinPants

MrDrMuffinPants Void-Bound Voyager

If you can play terraria, you can play this

Squid Steve and Axe Garian like this.
  4. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

I still have the same question I've had for months now: Can I get the soundtrack in .flac format?

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Kelzo

Kelzo Void-Bound Voyager

Where can I post bugs.

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

I can but i can barley see anything in the dark

This is how your Terraria looks/sounds
    You: with a lantern lit you can see far into the cave of doom
    Me: with a lantern lit.... you can't really even see the cave of doom... then i would die 2 seconds later because something popped out of the darkness

WHAT REALLY CONFUSES ME IS
    So i can play on the highest lighting setting without bounce lag right when i turn my PC on
    but maybe when my PC sits for a while and i try to run the game again it just lags itself to death

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. ChibiTrap

ChibiTrap Void-Bound Voyager

There will be a beta baord with suggestion / bug report sub forums when beta launches.

Sounds like you need to de-gunk your computer :X

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Battleskull

Battleskull Seal Broken

When will we be able to buy it on steam? I have steam wallet money and want to use that to pay.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. ChibiTrap

December 4th.

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. Harest

Harest Void-Bound Voyager

I've maybe missed it but an essential question which i didn't find an answer yet :
    How will we be supposed to do about bug reports and stuff related ? Steam forums ? Special subforum here ? Getsatisfaction thing ? Kind of both ?
    Thanks ;)

Edit @Below : Ahah, sure i'll take some fun reading those 24 pages.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  11. Maltion

Maltion Void-Bound Voyager

There'd be a special subforum once the Steam keys are sent I'd imagine. This question been asked before so be sure to read the pages thoroughly next time~

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    Axe Garian likes this.
  12. brogiant8

brogiant8 Master Chief

well I really don't know what to watch the stream on so if you could tell me that would be awesome!:up:

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. Liquid-Tamborine22

Liquid-Tamborine22 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Beta? Beta?! BETA!!!! :D. Fantastic! As long as it doesn't wipe my computer clean and replace everything with a evil A.I named C.H.I.V.A.N , I'll be happy as a Liquid Snake driving a God Gundam!

14. michealv

michealv Industrial Terraformer

Just need to say YAY FOR BETA

15. lukeib618

lukeib618 Void-Bound Voyager

These people
    also i'm looking forward to playing starbound on my handicapped computer

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Oculemon

Oculemon Starship Captain

so far we've only seen players build structures with wood. Will the tiers available in beta contain any furniture/placables/weapons that are more modern or sci fi?

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. aytimus

aytimus Master Chief

So basically ,i have 3 other friends who want to play with ,i have just to create a game on multiplayer and they can join me via steam?

Axe Garian likes this.
  18. Atrucian

Atrucian Aquatic Astronaut

I couldn't answer you, but I hope we'll at least be able to host our own "universe" via something like Hamachi if dedicated aren't available. I have some friends to play with ;D

19. Quixotic

Quixotic Big Damn Hero

Wonderful to hear! And thanks for giving us little heads up (honestly) so we don't have to sit and wait excited for a month for beta.

The only thing I'm saddened to hear about is no Novakid. I'm aware this will be one of the last features to be worked on before the game is officially released, but I'm still rather sad. Playing a wild-west style character will be so much fun.

Great work, guys! Can't wait to be in the game!

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. ChibiTrap

Yes, just most streams so far haven't gone too far past the first couple planets, but you can see the other items in the crafting windows / on occasions where the visited higher-tech dungeons.

Multiplayer will function like Terraria as far as we know. You'll either need your friends IP and a forwarded port (on the host) or a VPN/VLAN via Evolve/Hamachi/Tunngle. There will be optional dedicated-server software for all three OS's.

Novakids have always been a post-release deal, ever since they were announced and added as a stretch goal :) But I suspect the game will be plenty (excessively, even) fun, as any of the races already in.

Atrucian and Axe Garian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.