1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue aaand its not launching aggain

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Deril, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Deril

Deril Space Spelunker

So i play wiht modded starbound from steam, aparently since a few days it simply boots up and in crashes wihtout report while loading before the the game starting menu, i think i added the right log

Attached Files:

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

Code:
    [05:41:08.312] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (NpcException) Error loading npc type '/npcs/nightar/nightarkingsguard.npctype'
    Caused by: (NpcException) Repeat npc type name 'nightarkingsguard'
    u seem to have a duplicate NPC type that needs taken care of

3. Deril

Deril Space Spelunker

duplicate?

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

yes. 2 different npctype files are calling themselves "nightarkingsguard". the only fix is to get rid of the file, whether thats deleting the file urself or removing the mod the duplicate is from

5. Deril

Deril Space Spelunker

well whatever it was i wiped the thing clean its should be working now and also eliminated the mod from the list so now everything should fine and dandy.
    running a clean game and then will be doing a crazy mod one

aaand its not working

doing the slow way now puting mods slowly and trying to find the bad one eventually

seems i fixed it somehow

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2019
  6. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

This seems to be the culprit. [09:25:58.939] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (StarException) Asset source 'MoreSlimyHairs' is missing dependency 'SlimeRaceMod'

Unless the author updated the "moreslimyhairs" in the SlimeRaceMod, I would advise removing it to ensure it'll continue to function.

7. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@Deril Please do not stack posts. Use the edit function instead or wait until someone else replies.