A Simple Controller Diagram for New Players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 30phil1, May 17, 2019.

1. 30phil1

30phil1 Orbital Explorer

[​IMG]

Hey guys,

So I found that whenever I'd introduce a new player to games, Stardew specifically, they'd freak out about not being able to preform the most basic of tasks. Then, once shown the controls screen, their eyes would glaze over and they'd be super hesitant to keep going. I get that this isn't a problem that most of us face since a lot of us are used to playing games all our lives so I made this little thing to take some of the guesswork out of figuring out the controls. If you need this, feel free to use it. Try and remember that a lot of people will use Stardew as an introduction to gaming as a whole to new players.

Attached Files:

• Elenna101

Elenna101 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

...I've played this game for 500 hours and I didn't know you could press M to bring up the map. Then again, I haven't really used the map in ages.

(Dumb story: it took me about 200 of those hours to notice that "OK" button at the bottom of the map. Before that I always just exited the map by clicking on the X, and then re-opened the menu if necessary.)

Also, apparently you can press Y to trigger the "yes" option in some yes-or-no boxes, like the one asking if you want to go to sleep. But that might be a little more than a beginner player needs.

• UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

This is great. It really helps play if you can use hot keys to quickly swap out weapons/tools or get to the menu items.

I personally find the default key bindings substandard so I first thing have to re-map them every game. I wish there was a way to save the template.

and, I'd love a hot key for more things. Being able to bypass the inventory menu when I want to check my skills or friendship levels or especially crafting would be even better.

• dedeirin

dedeirin Yeah, You!

hello guys, so i wonder how to put beet into lewis fridge for Mr.Qi quest.
          I already try to drag the beet;s but it won't move and the only response is " this is mayor lewis fridge's full of milk and tea".
          Please help me, since i can't play the games on PC, thanks before :D