Modding Help A Question about mods

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Lord Kain, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Hi everyone I have a quick question about how mods work. So i'll try and explain my question the best as I can.

Ok so it goes like this. My friends and I all use the same mods and we are planning to get a server going, but I decided one of the mods we use didn't look as awesome as it could to me. So I fixed up some colors for personal use. now the question goes something like this. How will it show up on the server?

A) Will I see everyone else object look like mine? even though they don't have the edited one.
    B ) Will I only see my edited object and theirs will be normal? and they won't be able to.
    C) Will I see my object edited only and theirs normal but they will be able to see my edited one?

So this has me really stumped as to who will be able to see what and just how much they will see. Cause I'd rather not have everyone else object look like mine, cause I mean I changed it for myself. But I'd like my pals to see mine look a tad bit different.

So if I can get an answer to this paradox I'd be very happy, thank you.

2. Answer: A.

You will see the change for all of your assets for everyone, since the assets are a local copy. They will still see original files on their client and will be unaware of your color changes.

The | Suit likes this.
  3. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Thank you for the info. To bad it's not C :rofl:

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

If C was anywhere a remote possability.
    I could create a dumb image that is 100mb just to waste server bandwidth and slow down the game for everyone.

In other words Option C is insanely exploitable