A few ideas for the children.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thegamermatt, Sep 23, 2018.

1. thegamermatt

thegamermatt Tentacle Wrangler

So is anyone else annoyed that the kids don’t grow up and don’t help with the farm? I am and thought of a few ideas to make them better

1. Allow them to grow up and maybe travel the world and depending on how much gold you give them. They come back with lots of rare items.

2. Allow them to grow up and get a job on your farm. The job ranges from mining to fishing. Depending on which one you pick, of course you pay them a bit or for free.

3. Allow them to grow up and move out into a new home in town where they meet their special other and you have those events of approving their lover, family dinner etc until they have their own wedding.

Just some ideas I had, so what are your thoughts?

DarkJustice likes this.
    • Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

all are nice, although i doubt nr 3 will see the light of day, as it's a lot of work to make them live somewhere and give them own events etc.
      the others have a chance, and are also nice

maybe for nr 2, they do as much for you as you pay them for? like you pay minimum, they only do easy stuff like watering crops, crab pots and such, while paying them more lets them do stuff like watering crops + other stuff, like fishing, mining and get you (hard)wood, stones (and all geodes are possible) etc.

pay a fee per job? giving your pet water is free, haha

thegamermatt likes this.
      • DarkJustice

DarkJustice Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like that idea and I want to see that too

thegamermatt likes this.
        • thegamermatt

I like that, would be awesome if they saw these ideas

• Moses06

Moses06 Orbital Explorer

When I started playing this game I tried to look up as little as possible because I didn't want to ruin anything for myself. When I first tried out having kids I thought the entire point was to have them grow up and then assign them to some task on the farm, I figured this was guaranteed. I was definitely disappointed this wasn't the case, and in all honesty I feel the family life aspect of the game is so weak it really should have been left out of the game. It truly does add nothing, and that's unfortunate because it has the potential to add a great deal.

thegamermatt likes this.
            • thegamermatt

Exactly, that’s why I thought of these ideas and shared them in hopes the dev may see this and decide to make the family better

• mrsbond

mrsbond Void-Bound Voyager

I always thought the kids would join Penny's school. I was disappointed when they didn't. It would be fine if they got to the same age as Jas & Vincent and stayed at that age.

thegamermatt likes this.