Modding Help A few directory probs.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by danmanr98, May 21, 2015.

1. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Hm... could be right, just checked, only "locker" weapons seem to use the 0.5 multi, and they always seemed a bit weaker then the first planet ones.

2. danmanr98

danmanr98 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Do you have any information on "rarity". I want to make my own custom rank of rarity for my mod. Is this possible?
    I'll try to research, but if you have any inforamtion, lemmie know :p

3. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Nope, only the pre defined raritys work, as those are fixed specified values.
    "common", "uncommon", "rare", "legendary"

4. danmanr98

Dammit, that sux. Does rarity have influence on damage output? Or is it just a categorization.

5. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

The option in the gun itself does only one thing: Changes the color of the items border-thing. :p

6. danmanr98

Cool cool. What is the directory of the information and stuff related to rarity?

7. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

There is none, that's hardcoded stuff you have absolutely no access to.
    All information you can look at / use is in the different object files and the possible values are posted above. :p

8. danmanr98

argh. I hope future updates make it more accessable.

9. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

In this special case I really doubt it, since it's really just the color-thing and you can easily change that by altering the respective interface frame. :p

10. danmanr98

I understand that point, however, I prefer not to Replace the UI, but instead add a new piece. Nvm it.

11. danmanr98

Hey, I'm making a sword now, and I've encountered a problem :p

So, I was messing around with the "Projectile" for the sword, and it was working nice and dandy.
    I then change the dimentions for the swoosh frames from [19, 40] to [40, 40] and now, everytime I spawn in the sword, it comes up as that Generic Item placeholder thing.

12. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Always take a look at what the log says, I suppose the frame defintions got messed up, but it can't just use a placeholder since the original is (in theory) there.
    But yeah, you need the stdoutput for that (a log) :p

13. danmanr98

The log says
    [19:33:00.066] Error: Could not instantiate item '[marthsword, 1, {}]'. (ProjectileDatabaseException) Unknown projectile with typeName /projectiles/marthswordProjectile.
    Problem with this, I am sure it;s in the right place, 'cos only after I edited the Frame dimentions is when it messed up :/

Attached Files:

14. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

You didn't!
    It's not the only thing you did!
    Aww my god, this intrigue!
    Okay, well, the problem is "projectileType" is not a filepath.
    Just use the projectile name, in this case "marthswordProjectile", nothing more, nothing less.
    Upon mod-loading things like this are stored in a local database.
    Oh and, you might want to change the threadname or we'll get closed soon.

15. danmanr98

How does the game know where to look for the projectile without the path ? Alright I'll change the path anyway. Thanks :p

16. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

The database thing I mentioned.
    It loads everything in the "projectiles" folder ending with a .projectile into the database, assigns the "projectileName" to it and "projectileType" calls upon that database values.

17. danmanr98

Yup changing it worked ^^ Thankyou verymuch :p
    Thanks for that knowlege on the Database system.[DOUBLEPOST=1432410919][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I've managed to successfuly change the SFX i want the sword swing to make, however, there's this other sound that also plays (Not 100% of the time that you swing the sword). It sounds like a Monster-damaged kinda sound like a quick "Sqwak" kinda thing xD

This sound was present with the soundfile that was used originally aswell (Before me switching it) Any idea what it is?

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    Kayuko likes this.
  18. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

I'm pretty sure thats the monster hit sound. That's defined somewhere else.
    Or it's the sound of your character swinging the sword, also possible, that's specified in the species files. o:

19. danmanr98

I see. 'Cos it;s strange as I don't attack anything (I attack the air) and it makes a SQUAK xD

20. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Probably because of your damagePoly, idk, or are you playing a duck? xD