Dev Blog 9th May - Bless This Spess

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, May 9, 2017.

1. ReconELITE

ReconELITE Void-Bound Voyager

@mollygos Will this coming update result in all our existing worlds (and presumably the universe too) being reset and/or wiped?
    And if that will happen to be the case, will current world files still be compatible with the new solar system configuration/the update in general and able to be carried over as a result?

As much as the whole solar system/navigation menu is a very neat and immersive addition I definitely worry on losing hours of work on building and projects.

ciarrastar likes this.
  2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

That's... interesting. Suffice to say this will probably require an update to ship mods and any other mods with ships. It also looks like it will strongly affect the future of one of my mods - probably for the better - even though it does make it a bit less useful by contrast.

3. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will these stations carry over across galaxy saves? Can we have our station in our single player universe and load it up in another multiplayer universe as well?

4. Esahc_

Esahc_ Cosmic Narwhal

Pretty excited about the upcoming update. Lots of cool changes and I'm sure there's a lot you guys haven't covered. Keep it up, ladies and gents.
    "That's no moon..."

5. Trek47

Trek47 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think this is by far my favorite (accounced) change with 1.3, though I do have a few questions:

1. Do we have to set up our space stations in the cold depths of interplanetary space, or can we put them in orbit of a sweet-looking planet or moon to spice up the background? If not, that's fine; I'd just like to be able to see something other than blackness out the window when my character sits down.
    2. Can NPC merchants/travelers stop at our stations and give cool stuff?
    3. Is light-gray metal the only aesthetic or can we have, say, wooden space stations not matter how impracticable and silly they'd be?

6. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Wasn't thinking on a replacement for my ship, just a center for the empire I have in mind. Like my own customized outpost of sorts. :nurutease:

Well I am a bit skeptical... Gotta see it in action first hand. I noticed the screenshot, but still have my cynical questioning I guess is one way to put it. I assumed it was but doesn't hurt to ask to make sure. :nuruhappy:

Moonbase... could be a death star in the future... or maybe another moon in disguise. Definitely looking forward to the additions for my own building plans. :nuruhappy:

7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

That's no station. It's a space moon.

Unclever title and Tamorr like this.
  8. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

I want a dock for the ship here. :)

Tasman Devil likes this.
  9. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Now... can that station system, where you select its orbital, be applied to making custom solar systems? If so, Tiy has officially made good on my request from years ago.

10. Gsonicify

Gsonicify Void-Bound Voyager

Love it!
    I have some suggestions and questions:

Would be nice if we could craft or upgrade our base to get a spacesuit or something like that to fly off, hover around and build it the way you like.
    Can we get a "bubble" type field? Like if we want to build things in open space.

Will there be enemies nearby? If so, they attack you?
    How much can we customize the looks of it? Like color, blocks, etc.

DraikNova likes this.
  11. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

Wow! Honestly! This is indeed the most ambitious update so far, not only after the 1.0 launch. I wish you all a pleasant work and lots of happy moments in these warm days!

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Now this.....

This gets me excited.

See, I've always been weak as far as constructing decent-looking buildings, I'm just not very good at it. But with this... dude, this is awesome. It does the framework construction for me and all I gotta do is tweak the background walls, and furniture.

And dude.... this makes Frackin'Universe a LOT easier because you can just add rooms on, and make your lab EZ.

13. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

No. They've said there would never be a wipe post-1.0-release. And all this is doing is changing your navigation controls, not the structure of the universe.

Wipes happened pre-1.0 because the game wasn't done and they were making fundamental changes to the basic ways the universe was constructed. Now that the game is OFFICIALLY released and the universe is set up to be expanded rather than replaced, there's no need.

14. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Think of the modability... Thats right... let it all soak in...
    [​IMG]

15. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

I have an idea. What if except for calling regular tennants with a colony deed (or instead), we call there all the rest of these folks, who wish to come to our ship, but our ship crew is full. I love doing quests for my tennants or some random colonies and soon enough all of them put on the protectorate shirts. It would be a good thing to put them to use, without the need of disbanding any of our current crew. I'm guessing 1 or 2 of these "spacestation crewmembers" per upgrade? What do you think?

16. DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

That seems kind of lacklustre. I'd expect the rate to increase significantly given how much harder an inconcievable planet is over a lush one - 3:1 seems underwhelming.

Mind you why the hell would you WANT to live on any of the higher planets? They're absolute hell-holes.

17. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wow, I didn't expect anything like this!
    Own customizable space stations? Hell yes!

18. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

I like the idea, but I'm slightly disappointed now that I know that what looked like new blocks are, in fact, not new blocks and just the walls of the space stations' modules.

19. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Now I'm waiting for only one thing.

20. Lintton

Lintton Guest

It is actually not so bad, provided you mind the weather and materials you are using. Even building on a toxic planet with poison rain is very much feasible. after a certain size I found my earlier row of defense turrets and guards more decorative than anything else. If you have a spot where spawning is limited in area however, they are still a great investment for farming.