9th July Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Shalderave

Shalderave Big Damn Hero

I thought about that, also Armageddon my man, but I think that he's talking about terrain that can be edited at the same time as the grapple hook is attached. Unless you set off the perfect landmine, or are an absolute pro with setting off tnt or a grenade at the point where your grappling hook is attached, the terrain normally can't be modified while using the ninja rope in Worms.

2. ARUKET

ARUKET Master Chief

Even when I have no idea what I just read, I still enjoy looking at these daily updates. Can't wait to see the grappling hook in action!

Toryu-Mau and Axe Garian like this.
  3. Wolfe M. Howler

Wolfe M. Howler Master Chief

I'm already having ideas of making private dormitories using a conveyor belt and interrupting blocks.

4. Durg

Durg Orbital Explorer

Terraria, come on Omni. Terraria did it very well.

Noc and Baku Vicen like this.
  5. LFPO8k

LFPO8k Subatomic Cosmonaut

it seems the general art style was taken on a new direction! what a gorgeous screenshot of a stickman!

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  6. Fatheed

Fatheed Aquatic Astronaut

No. He's on about it working in a completely different way.

See here for an example:

LFPO8k likes this.
  7. Oudech

Oudech Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Another mind blowing post!
    Also, it'd be cool to see a new roadmap update, but I'm definitely content with these updates as they are. :)

8. Kurozaiaku

Kurozaiaku Subatomic Cosmonaut

While admittedly I was thankful to be able to use the grappling hook as a handy movement and rear-end-saving-tool, It could have been much better. Omni is attempting to achieve a much more intuitive and useful tool than something that simple drags you toward a single location or holds you in place.

Terraria did it ok, but with this, Omni will be doing it far better.

Toryu-Mau and Axe Garian like this.
  9. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

10. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

Among the already listed things it will pay the bills, feed your pets, clean your house, wash your car, retrieve and sort your mail, clean and defragment your hard drive(s), feed you, and bathe you all for the low low price of your first-born child!*

*(Note I'm joking and the above listed features may not be in the beta)

Leak and Toryu-Mau like this.
  11. Rhondis

Rhondis Aquatic Astronaut

How did my drawings get here...?

12. SnakeX

SnakeX Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fantastic work, Omni! I'm really looking forward to seeing the grappling hook in action but I'm perfectly fine with waiting until its fully operational and perfect, so definitely take your time and get it just right! :up:

13. Ignis

Ignis 2.7182818284590...

Am I really that old..? :eek:

14. ChadWicky

ChadWicky Void-Bound Voyager

So the grappling hook will have its own physics system? Will there be a chance of it slipping from its anchor point?

[​IMG]

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  15. .:FancyPants:.

.:FancyPants:. Pangalactic Porcupine

Although you're probably set on your methods already, I can't help but give my input anyways;
    When the grapple is first fired, why don't you have it check for obstructing blocks and draw said line, and check constantly for a change in the original obstructing blocks. Then when a change is detected, have it redraw the line entirely instead of adjusting any anchor points, as if the grapple had just been fired?

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  16. ChaliElle

ChaliElle Void-Bound Voyager

You are joking, right?

17. Mageplask

Mageplask Void-Bound Voyager

18. Bastard Man

Bastard Man Big Damn Hero

Trying to be original I guess. I still like the sound of it, sounds a lot more realistic and "Indiana Jones" style than just aiming straight at what you want to grab; you have to have an anchor point or the grapple won't stick, which I really like.

Toryu-Mau likes this.
  19. Jackyshan

Jackyshan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No more technical updates we want normal updates D:

20. Tana64

Tana64 Sandwich Man

Artem, your avatar is hot.

soul4heat likes this.