Dev Blog 9th February - Under the Sea

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 9, 2016.

1. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

more clothes and hairstyles would be very nice the novakids need more hair styles

2. PureTalon

PureTalon Void-Bound Voyager

True but Novakids are the 'special' race... I dont think they get a race mission yet and lil is known about them. i think other races should get them but Novakid is a unique race that is more then it is in the storyline'ish

3. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

So, traditional Japanese on the surface, Neotokyo underwater? Awesome!

Hey! Hylotl! Let Leif in! Leif jussst want play arcade games and hang out in Bubble Lounge! Not cause trouble! Promissse!

Brekke K'ktus likes this.
  4. Kethus

Kethus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Even in the screenshots you can see the NPCs staring at the doors, unable to use the buttons. Is it because the buttons are outside their reach?

btw the adjective+given name for hylotls was interesting, why did you remove it?

5. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

Will be awesome to find underwater Hylotl villages, I'll be using it for a starting point for my Ocean Planet homes.

6. ogdred

ogdred Phantasmal Quasar

Something looks a bit off about the Hylotl cities' interior , I expected a bit more a of a heavy duty/hi-tech looking inviroment giving the fact that A-they are underwater and B-all if the Hylotl furniture suggested a technology obsessed heavy duty metal vibe.

7. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Define "heavy duty" cuz that metal looks pretty gosh-darned resistant to me

8. willpill35

willpill35 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Novakids do not have towns and settlements like the other races do. So giving them a few more things to make them more appealing seems like a good call to me.

9. ogdred

ogdred Phantasmal Quasar

The interior looks like a Florians spacecraft! Its made of whatever someone could find! Titanium panels , im sure I saw some silver blocks , apex wallpaper , smooth metal block and whatever else the Hylotl hobos were able to find apparently...

10. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

It probably has something to do with the fact these are work in progress, besides... Hylotl are a race of "we are not mighty, we are FABULOUS" kinda people, so yeah... if they can make their underwater bases as stylish as possible, by all that is suggary in this world, they will make it stylish!

11. Shamalayah

Shamalayah Void-Bound Voyager

I waited for underwater cities for a very long time! I just hope we will get glowing neon blocks now.

12. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

What if I made a hole in the wall?

And is it possible to build my underwater room?

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Ten bucks say the city's protected. You wouldn't be able to make a hole.

14. Kethus

Kethus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yup, there is a shield generator room with a guard. Too bad I have to destroy a town if I want some of the nice looking hylotl stuff.

15. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

And I was hoping for the promised physics of liquids.

16. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

People were whining about how you can't change the uniform. Which you still can't. So what the fuck are you on about?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  17. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Underwater city and glowing novakid? Oh my, what a valentine gift~ :nuruflirt:

Love you all for these awesome features <3

18. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Or you could just use the new scanning mechanic and scan everything then 3d print it. Instead of having to plunder all their stuff.

Kethus likes this.
  19. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

My dream is to build a colony on the bottom of the toxic ocean.

General Nuclear likes this.
  20. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

dito that
    speaking of the poison planets can you devs plz fix them

the acid rain never stops makes sense to have acid rain on a poison planet but plz make it stop one in a while

the islands fall apart if you just look hard enough on them and expanding them makes them fall apart

there are no skyscraper ruins to exsplore it got the coolest back round in the game plz make it so we can exsplore some of those skyscrapers