Dev Blog 9th February - Under the Sea

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Nancok

Nancok Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe this is the beginning of race diferences again, because when i heard that the game was going to be finished with all the races owning the same abilitys for real i said NOOOOO, WHY?

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

It does seem kinda lame that all races are the same except for aesthetics and the ship. All armor is the same, all weapons are the same (except for Novakids....), just different looks. I know it is easier to balance that way, but c'mon guys, that's the lazy way to go.

STCW262 likes this.
  3. obsidiangoat

obsidiangoat Void-Bound Voyager

seeing as now everyone can breathe underwater, I'd say they could swim much faster than the average race, florans regenerate while under the sun AND water (or something different), avians could fall slower due to a passive glide of wings, apex could be more nimble, more controlled, bigger jumps maybe? Humans could have an efficiency while crafting, using less resources maybe, and glitch could mine much faster, just some thoughts, but I do believe everyone should deserve their own little passive, equally useful preferably.

InfoPunkie likes this.
  4. Podo1000

Podo1000 Poptop Tamer

I just really hope that the passive for Hylotl DOES NOT end up as water breathing. Hylotl already have the smallest ship so they don't need to be screwed over with a passive that becomes irrelevant as soon as you fight the Erchius Horror.

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Again, backpacks and augments. If you were a hylotl, you wouldn't need the water-breaking backpack or augment to explore ocean planets. *shrug*

But yeah I would hope it'd be a little better than that. Perhaps +50% increased movement speed in liquids.

6. Podo1000

Podo1000 Poptop Tamer

But the breath protection modifier is included in literally every other environmental protection right?

7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I dunno, is it?

It is currently on stable, but they said they are overhauling protections. It might not be.

8. Podo1000

Podo1000 Poptop Tamer

Ah. Makes sense. That would make the 300 kelp quest really stupid for everyone else though. Unless they remove that quest.

9. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

AFAIK, they're revamping most of the quests/missions, or at least removing the "dumb" placeholder quests (fetch me this, fetch me that) and replacing them with actual missions (like the Lunar Base mission). So I would imagine the 300 kelp quest will be replaced by something else. They've already shown off what, at least 2? 3? missions by now? (at least screenshots of these).

10. EssstrategaxArg

EssstrategaxArg Master Chief

Some racial pasives:
    -Novakid: glow and obtains fire guns since the start
    -Avian: jump 20% high and take 20% less fall damage
    -Hylotl: they can breath underwater, also they move/health/recharge energy faster underwater
    -Floran: hunting weapon more effective (increase the chance of drop a good item, and gather twice food) and they have faster energy recharge/more maximun energy meanwhile they stand under sun ligth
    -Apex: they have a non-op discount in the cost of upgrade the crafting tables and/or craft matter manipulators cores and tech chips.
    -Glitch: they have a smaller bonus damage (i suggest a 10%) with non-tecnological weapons (like swords, axes, bows and crosbows) or maybe a small elementary resistance
    -humans: they have a very very very slow pasive health regeneration, or they can have acces to fireguns a little earlier, or a bigger energy pool or a fastest energy regeneration

Also will be nice that every race have a diferent generic secondary hability for their crafted weapons

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  11. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

I feel like some of these are unfair, especially if they're default with no ability to change it. that brings up my idea: keep these racials, and maybe some other ones specific to each race, but give the ability to choose one (and only one).

EssstrategaxArg likes this.
  12. BlackGryphon

BlackGryphon Void-Bound Voyager

I was posting from my phone then. I am computerless no longer however