Dev Blog 7th March - Wild Wild Quest

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Um, I'm not sure of the range on this compass thing, but won't it also help with considerably more diffcult things such as finding avian moon emblems, USCM prison signs, and the like? That understandably hung up a lot of players, a LOT of players.

Kawa likes this.
  2. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Grand Chase, Elsword, or even MapleStory would like to say Hi for their minimap usage :3

3. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

THERE IS ONE THING I LOVE AND THATS PUNS who ever does the puns for these needs a metal

General Nuclear likes this.
  4. godtier

godtier Phantasmal Quasar

Is There a place to submit suggestions? I'd like to see planets with rings, like Saturn.

lemon flavoured likes this.
  5. Reactorcore

Reactorcore Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please please please give us the ability to literally pickup the people and carry them manually.

Having to wait for them to do so themselves is very slow and unpredictable, while tossing them over my shoulder and then setting them down at the quest marker myself would give me way more agency to do these quests.

6. emeraldgreen72

or if you have a hoverbike give them the ability to get in and then you could drive them to where they need to go

Reactorcore likes this.
  7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

this would be perfect for those peskier environments and weather.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

It's not like the bikes don't support it ;)

9. llama overlord

llama overlord Void-Bound Voyager

Was that a health upgrade, or was there something I missed?

10. emeraldgreen72

That's why I thought of it :nurunaughty:

11. Tuesday's Eyebrow

Tuesday's Eyebrow Phantasmal Quasar

What intro mission? Looking through the files, it's obviously Protectorate.questtemplate, but I have no clue how to worm my way in with mods or commands. I can get to protectorate.dungeon using /warp, but it doesn't start the quest. There's also a ProtectorateManager.stagehand, but I have no idea how spawning stagehands works, as whenever I use /spawnstagehand and I don't get an error, nothing seems to happen. Then again, when are devs ever gonna help a filedigger through their game. Still, I'll keep trying until I either figure it out myself, or the intro mission is actually included in a steam build.

12. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

13. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

are there LGBT npcs

14. Tuesday's Eyebrow

I've done it. I got into the intro mission. I had to make a mod with a generic NPC that would give me the quest. But when I warped to the protectorate.dungeon I was instantly put in a bed. SUCCESS. I will say this: It was allot shorter than I anticipated.

15. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

Is the cinematic finished yet? If so, would you mind sharing the mod to access it?

16. Tuesday's Eyebrow

First Make sure you've got "nightly" selected under the starbound - unstable betas tab in steam. If it gives you a disk read error, just copy the files from steamapps/downloading/637540 to steamapps/common/Starbound - Unstable

Then put derp.modpak in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound - Unstable\mods

Then start Starbound and choose a character.

When in your ship, type "/spawnnpc hylotl pqg" (without quotations). A Hylotl with a quest marker should appear at your cursor.

If so, then activate the Hylotl. The "!" should then disappear.

If so, then type "/warp instanceworld:protectorate" (without quotations)

If everything worked correctly, you should appear in a bed and SAIL should ask you to wake up.

17. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Does this compass feature in any way imply we are getting some kind of minimap feature?

Tamorr likes this.
  18. Osucarus

Osucarus Astral Cartographer

Is it normal for nightly build to have "disk write error"? I hope I'm not the only one who's suffering in here, lol. No, I'm not asking how to fix it just want to see if it's a common problem.

I hope so, because minimap will help us show the way when we are underground. To locate minerals maybe, microdungeons of chests. It has a little use when we are on the surface though.

19. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

humorous. I just know I'm going to fail one because i forgot NPC's can't gravity bubble or blink like me.

just this way npc over this lava lake....wait what? mission failed? oh right that npc was mortal.....

20. Tuesday's Eyebrow

I actually have no idea, I just barely had this issue this update. Apparently it has something to do with the OSX files on a Win10 machine... as the filed that caused the error were all "qtcore"