7th June Update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Timeolord

Timeolord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That Trailer was legendary

2. Yeah, it is a bit strange to complain about the lack of trailer when the fake trailer was literally posted under a link of Tiy streaming an hour of gameplay footage.
    The other night he streamed for over 3 hours.

I mean, can't please everyone.

riseoflegends and AdenSword like this.
  3. Minataurness

Minataurness Astral Cartographer

He really likes weird eyes! :p

Now i know what Lady Gaga looks like without makeup on!

(mollygos edit-- Posts merged. Please use the edit feature instead of double posting!)

AdenSword likes this.
  4. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

5. Pixeludicrous

Pixeludicrous Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ahah! See, all of you naysayers who bemoaned the progress of the game have finally gotten your comeuppance! This trailer shows us that Starbound has TRANSCENDED any and all expectations previously set by the Devs, and is no longer just a "game" made by human developers, but a WAY OF LIFE, masterfully crafted by Demi-gods, sent to earth to weave us a path into eternity!

No but seriously, those of you getting butthurt seem to be casually omitting the fact that there's a link to an hour long stream, and also, the DAILY UPDATES in general. Look, maybe it was just a spur of the moment thing and you got a little heated, so I wouldn't go so far as to judge you for it, but if you're going to get upset over a 2 minute joke, when presented with an hour long stream, please take it up with them through more private channels, so as not to reflect your ungrateful attitude on the entire community, and possibly make them reconsider Daily updates in general. Also, those of you threatening a refund...well...I'm horribly sorry of how rude this is, but quite frankly, NOBODY CARES! If you want a refund, you don't have to announce it to the entire community, because no one will really miss you! Not because you aren't a jam up person, but simply because we don't really know you on a personal level!! It's simply attention seeking. If you truly are THAT upset by what constitutes as a WHOPPING 2 minutes of your life, taken by something I found genuinely amusing. If you didn't, because humor is, of course, subjective, then it's still only two minutes. Admit it: We've all wasted more time before anyways, and you most likely didn't even WATCH the full video if you didn't find it funny...

Sorry, I understand you're getting impatient, we all are, but when it's gotten to the point to where you can't take a joke, presented to you IN A DAILY UPDATE, INFORMING YOU OF THEIR PROGRESS....Maybe you should take a step back, and a deep breath or two, you know?

I don't mean this for everyone who said they were disappointed, mind you...I understand that notion. Only to those being incredibly rude...from my perspective. Which is just that...*my* perspective.

6. Alenonimo

Alenonimo Void-Bound Voyager

Finally, we’re pleased to announce that we’ve made a trailer, you can find it here:

They should ask for their money back.

7. DarkMajor21

DarkMajor21 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That trailer was the most disturbing thing I have seen in my entire life, I think I am emotionally scarred...

8. SkeletonGamer123

SkeletonGamer123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

AdenSword likes this.
  9. Pinocchio

Pinocchio Subatomic Cosmonaut

i LOVE the water physics..... astonishing how it JUST WORKS perfectly even when used in a "new way" :love:
    im looking forward to play waterbound :up:

AdenSword likes this.
  10. T-Rex

T-Rex Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I hate youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

AdenSword likes this.
  11. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Existential Complex

[​IMG]

im cool

AstroBlast, CV514, AdenSword and 4 others like this.
  12. ____

____ Master Chief

Does this mean you know that channel and have watched other videos before? I can recommend some psychiatrists for you.

AdenSword, Ordona and Pie4Pigs like this.
  13. kayido

kayido Aquatic Astronaut

Ma eyes and ears are bleeding !!! WHY WHyyYYyyy !? Call an exorcist , i beg you ! Demon Begone , thee who troll us !

AdenSword likes this.
  14. Masasume

Masasume Title Not Found

I've watched a few of his streaming videos and while they are nice, they're not really all that amazing in terms of seeing what the game is really going to be like. Yes it's gameplay but it's not REALLY gameplay... Most of the videos involve him standing around in the game while he is entering code and whatnot. Personally I'd rather see a 2 minute trailer of full on gameplay than 10 hours of that kind of streaming. It would be like... watching a video of someone streaming a Zelda game except all they do is stand in random locations for 30 minutes at a time and occasionally throw a pot or cut a bush.

Basically what I'm saying I'd personally prefer something like this

AdenSword and Steam Pirate like this.
  15. flippitydip

flippitydip Big Damn Hero

I kinda agree with you, but at the same time I have to be honest. My feelings did get kinda hurt. I'm not going so far as to get a refund because the devs work hard and they get us these awesome daily updates and it's not like the game is going to be worse because of it. Alas I am kinda depressed now, it did spoil the day for me. :cry: It's fine though kinda bittersweet in a way.

AdenSword likes this.
  16. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

oooo.. hope bartwe has some good luck. data corruption is terrible, no matter what it is. I hope there are some back ups >o<

17. JFoxx64

JFoxx64 Big Damn Hero

Saaaand.... Booooxxxx. The universe... In a boxxx... Space Exploration... Staaarrr... Booouund.. Strange eyes.

Edit: Turns out that immediately after watching that, all suggested videos are automatically in "The weird part" of Youtube. Who would have guessed?

18. Pixeludicrous

Pixeludicrous Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh no! See, I totally can understand being disappointed and upset - I think it has more so to do with how some people are displaying that that's bugging me. being matter-of-fact, great. Being civil, and honest, great! What's upsetting is some people going into a frothy, uncalled for rage and threatening to get refunds when really - they won't, because if they honestly wanted to, they'd just do it, rather than announce it to the community for attention. It was a joke...even if some found it disheartening, there are better ways to express an opinion than some people on this forum are. But I totally concede that it was a little disheartening, and people should express that if they feel that way - just thoughtfully like you and others have done. :D

AdenSword and flippitydip like this.
  19. hylandpad

hylandpad Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm actually scared.

AdenSword likes this.
  20. Zeriga

Zeriga Phantasmal Quasar

Okay, if Omni posts any outbound links again I'm going to read the comments...

Avian314 and AdenSword like this.