7th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkparadise

darkparadise Big Damn Hero

Love that song..
    I was wondering how long till i saw it in game when you announced the music system .. i thought that the game would at least be out first, oh well, you beat us to it..

2. ghostlll1992

ghostlll1992 Subatomic Cosmonaut

could you please make a pipe organ :(

3. Draks

Draks Subatomic Cosmonaut

:,)
    Thank you starbound. Just thank you.:cry::)

I have said it before.. but if one of those 20 instruments is a ocarina... all of it. just take my money.

TheUnartist likes this.
  4. kpxtreame

kpxtreame Void-Bound Voyager

I was gona do still alive when the game came out, oh well... i looks like i will have to do now i want you gone...

5. Zuvuya42

Zuvuya42 Void-Bound Voyager

Beautiful song...that was way cooler than I thought it would be when instruments and custom notation were first mentioned. :)

6. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

I see my theme song has already been induced, before beta no less!

Impressive.

7. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

Cool, you could make the instruments a loot from some old places, and descriptions telling how they're from a time before space travel. Also some futuristic instruments would be nice! And I hope that there is going to be a function where you can play a song pushing buttons on your keyboard.

8. Cadejos

Cadejos Orbital Explorer

would be great if we could use a song as a password (where only our (account) character might open a door no matter if another person (another account) outside mimics that song)

9. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

Wow! I like that idea.
    And i would love to just play songs by the campfire!

Chadpole and Cadejos like this.
  10. _BIO_

_BIO_ Phantasmal Quasar

Armagon, playing musical instruments will be implemented with the key or will the boot menu of recorded files (such as notes)?
    Sorry for my English (translated by "Google translator").

P.S. Cool music! =)

11. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

good team is aweome

12. Ammonite

Ammonite Space Penguin Leader

That was beautiful, you're the most awesome devs ever! :monkey:

13. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

Everyone noticed that, and I don't think she's in the game as it's a character copyrighted by VALVe.

AdenSword likes this.
  14. Zeriga

Zeriga Phantasmal Quasar

I'm gonna let you guys finish with that song, but uhh...

Music in Starbound will make people want to sit and relax with friends in the game, just doing nothing but playing music and talking.

AdenSword likes this.
  15. Grimmfayte

Grimmfayte Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is FANTASTIC! :D I think I remember even suggesting this on one of the previous posts about the instruments (though that doesn't mean it wasn't already planned or suggested before me...) Regardless, this is going to be such a fun feature. Keep up the good work :D

16. Catox

Catox Void-Bound Voyager

Hi people, nice to meet you, this is my first post ^_^

Well, I just wanted to share a though that I had each time a footage of this feature was shown.

- while some instruments like guitar or piano or many others let you play several notes at the same time, others like flute or trumpet certainly don't. That made those videos feel unnatural to me at a point, a lot more than any kind of graphic un-synchronization. So I believe it would be a good thing that instruments have a setting about the number of notes they can play together.

- in the same vein, on this last video I think we can hear more instruments than the ones that are present on screen. Well, same cause same consequence : I think it would be nice that only instruments on screen are played. That could actually create some interesting situation : if you don't have enough player friends to form your rock band, you could imagine have a computer, a robot, or even an npc play the parts you miss (but you'd need them to have the instrument)

AdenSword and Ammonite like this.
  17. Shub

Shub Void-Bound Voyager

Please, make instruments able to be used as melee weapons.I wanna break my guitar in someone's head.

18. ziberoo

ziberoo Spaceman Spiff

How easy will it be to mod your own instrument in?

19. Trogolodite

Trogolodite Space Spelunker

Im pretty sure you can import some kind of ASCII file to read it. I think ABC notation was embedded some many years ago.

_BIO_ likes this.
  20. Zustub

Zustub Intergalactic Tourist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.