7th July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Jul 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senego Trainz

Senego Trainz Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is great!

We certainly need the instruments to properly recreate this scene:

Bloody tournaments in my own arena with this backgroundmusic...:love:

2. JT`

JT` Phantasmal Quasar

The one thing that strikes me about this and the previous preview video are the self-harmonies going on. Someone else pointed it out as tongue-in-cheek in the June 30th thread when Tiy was doing the drunken sailor theme, but for me as a former MIDI sequencer, it feels hugely weird, and not on a tongue-in-cheek level. =)

While I'm sure this is simply a matter of a properly constructed ABC file, will it be possible to layer multiple instruments of the same type to create an orchestral harmony or a big band style? Natch we'll be limited by MIDI level quality, but that's not a big deal.

ShadowWolf_04 likes this.
  3. I don't wish that DEVs put too much effort into this music stuff, it can perfectly be worked and perfected after beta / launch, as devs state so many times "it will be post-launch because it would delay beta". Since this is clearly more than a weekend project now. But it looks nice for some casual play. :alien:

AdenSword likes this.
  4. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Pause at 2:50 and look at the lady with the purple hair... BLINKING CONFIRMED!

5. Kroghammer

Kroghammer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That is the first time you noticed blinking? You can see it in other videos...

6. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

I personally almost never notice something like that, I mean it is a single dot.

PurpleSquirel43 likes this.
  7. lpp911

lpp911 Zero Gravity Genie

That is one catchy song.... Can't get it outta my head heheh

8. SquareTaco

SquareTaco Orbital Explorer

It needs more cowbell

Seir likes this.
  9. ShadowWolf_04

ShadowWolf_04 Master Chief

We NEED distortion guitars to get a metal band going! And having portal guns later in the game would be great!

10. Kroghammer

Kroghammer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Right; it is tiny too and doesn't happen often. I guess I just watch every video I can about starbound.

11. mikekennedz

mikekennedz Aquatic Astronaut

12. Jamtoes

Jamtoes Big Damn Hero

13. NeverZitrone

NeverZitrone Aquatic Astronaut

I assume that the instruments will have racial backgrounds? Maybe some instruments for fun that will be only possible with Starbound technology?

14. Piano

Piano Starship Captain

This is perfect for me..

15. dannyboy8899

dannyboy8899 Aquatic Astronaut

they are concentrating on the core features, but just don't post that stuff in the daily updates as they may not be very interesting for us players.
    The other 'less important' features (the features that do not seem very important and some may say that they could wait till after release) will actually be very important in creating the overall atmosphere of the game.

Seir likes this.
  16. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

its just "want you gone" not "i only want you gone"

17. AdenSword

OH i know we need a turret instrument

P.S. most of you have most likely not heard the extended version

18. AdenSword

*sigh*how many people did not read that one update ok tiy please say it on EVERY sunday update and i quote "ON SUNDAYS WE WORK ON SIDE PROJECTS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT MAKE IT IN THE GAME" (ok it was not caps but you get the point) so they work on nonsense every sunday

Shalderave likes this.
  19. Seir

Seir Phantasmal Quasar

Oh gad!! Instrumental sonic weaponry!!!! Would be epic.

20. AdenSword

now where did you hear that i heard just the opposite at 0:38 he tells you

(btw watch the whole vid its awesome)

Bars likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.