1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue 64BIT version stops responding on start up

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by KptHalo, Mar 17, 2020.

1. KptHalo

KptHalo Orbital Explorer

Hello there

I am at my last strip of hope when it comes to this issue: let me explain it as detailed as I can.

Whenever I try to start Starbound via steam it reaches a black screen with a white square which stays up for maybe 5-10 seconds and then the game stops responding. If I ignore the text box it will just stay frozen as I've tried doing this for 30+ minutes and interacting with the box instantly closes the game.
    This has happened before but it usually fixed itself after 2 tries, now I have probably tried this restart tactic well over 30 times.

From what I can tell the log doesn't say much and I have tried launching both with and without mods and I have also tried reinstalling the whole game about 3 times now.
    I've tried running the game as administraitor through steam and that has not worked either.
    I have even gone as far as to disable triple buffering in my graphics cards settings because it apparently worked for one person but no luck for me.

Discord I have tried disabling and even uninstalling just to be sure but no luck there either.

I have ran out of personal solutions and I am at a point of giving up. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how this can be solved?

I have provided logs for both mods installed and no mods installed below.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Do you have any additional anti virus software running?
    Also what are your specs?

3. KptHalo

KptHalo Orbital Explorer

From what I can tell I have no anti-virus except windows defender

As for my specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
    RAM: 16318 Mb