Dev Blog 5th January - It belongs in a museum!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Really looking forward to the fossil system, and maybe cloning too? :D

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. DarkishScotScot

DarkishScotScot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah yes. The old Survival system. Can't wait to see some those features back in action! :meh:

3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

In less overly-excited wishful thinking and such news:
    "We have a T-Rex. It belongs in a museum."

Fun with thread titles.

Axe Garian and mollygos like this.
  4. Ralij

Ralij Big Damn Hero

I admit I had a bit of a moment when I read the title. This is great news! I am very very excited about the 'certain features' that relate to survival.
    (<- works in a museum)

Axe Garian and mollygos like this.
  5. n1t3n

n1t3n Big Damn Hero

Wooooow CF !!!@1 The back items are now awesome !!!! Hazard is now really something :nuruhype:

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. DrakoGlyph

DrakoGlyph Void-Bound Voyager

Hopefully soon nightly gets back the Matter Manipulator Upgrades... I have to Admin Mode for Fuel... And Water... OTL
    Also, some in-progress changes have... well... made /admin necessary...

7. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

oh so it wasn't just me missing the MM upgrades in Nightly

huh....i wonder why they took them out.....

are they gated them for story progression? Are we to personalize our manipulators with our own upgrades? Do we just find the upgrades in the field? DO WE BUY THEM?

who knows :p

8. DrakoGlyph

Do we destroy worlds to find them!?

Axe Garian and n1t3n like this.
  9. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

this reminds me of the mining mini game from pokemon platinum

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. DrakoGlyph

Having only been in that mini game once because boyfriend hates linking... I don't remember

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. emeraldgreen72

the pokemon platinum mining mini game was almost maybe then exactly like whats this one is probably gonna be like and i :nuruflirt: it

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

You post it as a joke but I know one rather popular survival mod for minecraft where there are different food groups (+ water), each being tracked independently with overall effect on character's health. It works very well and funnily enough, while the mod makes the game much harder when it comes to said survival, it is also much more satisfying when one continues to survive than how it was with vanilla Minecraft or Starbound's survival elements.

It doesn't mean we need something like that. There are games where hunger is far simpler matter, yet it is still an interesting feature affecting much of the gameplay. Though I think some variation would be great here - different raw ingredients and finished dishes affecting different races differently, for example. I also wouldn't mind it if equipment, instead of current dumbed down version with magical environmental techs would be more like the hazmat suit mockup screen we had in the past, though I understand that'd be rather far-reaching change.

I'd risk claiming that it's because survival elements in Starbound were rather crude and simplistic they were troublesome for many rather than just another satisfying challenge. Obviously, just being forced to click a few times more to chomp down on some random, common, easily mass-produced, edible item isn't much fun on its own. I also recognize the fact that for some the game is just a nifty furniture collecting and aliens-shooting platformer, so it would warrant consideration to make such things an option on new game setup (just please, make it game/server, not player-restricted).

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. emeraldgreen72

will there be skeletons of all the races of course the gitch skeleton would be an endo skeleton and the novakid one would probably be a broken brand but anyway will there?

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Glitch is already there. I've seen it myself.

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. Nentendoboy360

Nentendoboy360 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Its like pokemon diamond

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. emeraldgreen72

your new profile looks adorable

17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Woah there space cowboy, stay on topic :D

n1t3n and Axe Garian like this.
  18. Ralij

Ralij Big Damn Hero

There are some very popular mods that do the same thing for Skyrim as well. On that thread perhaps being able to scale each element like you generally can do via SkyUI or an easy, moderate, hard mode type choice at character creation might be fitting. Allowing players to tailor that element to their own playstyle would be a good thing I think.

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. emeraldgreen72

will there be skeletons of monsters like the slenderman like one i think there called stalkers maybe

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016