Dev Blog 5th February - The Taming of the Crew

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Time for everybody to create Weeaboo land 2: The re-weeabooing.

2. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Protip: This is why you never hire Starscream, and keep Shockwave at home.

Reabooing. Reeducation of the glories of moe!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    Kelthazan and Kawa like this.
  3. Thomas25181

Thomas25181 Void-Bound Voyager

am i dumb have missed something or what cause i can't seem to find how to matter manipulator i check my ships A.I. and nothing

4. Trek47

Trek47 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, it's good to see there's a better incentive to put people on your ship than simply "having more guns to fire at big scary alien monsters". Although customization of these people would be nice, as I often find myself loaded with armor, clothing and weapons I have no need for. And, for that matter, designating some people as redshirts to be expendable meatshields.
    Heck, why can't we go about recruiting random people we don't know?

Also, this Hytlotl Village announcement came out literally one day after I scoured an ocean planet seeing if I could find more than the occasional Hylotl microdungeon. :nurutease:

Murplesman likes this.
  5. danks_

danks_ Existential Complex

server updates when?

6. Murplesman

Murplesman Void-Bound Voyager

We should be able to customize their uniform. For instance giving them armor to match your race, etc.

Oh, and PASSIVE CREATURES PLS!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    Hatsya Souji and DarthTrethon like this.
  7. Liobuster

Liobuster Void-Bound Voyager

I would really like the Idea of having both passive buffs for onboard Crew and active things like Medics throwin bandages at you while on duty a mechanic could hassle with Traps and so on
    Also Hylotl Content :D
    TO +1 DarthThrethon´s Comment How about having Stations that enable a Crewmembers Passive Effect like Medics only work when u got a medbay

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You want Terry as a crewmember? Well, I'd say, if you look into custom NPCTypes and Identity blocks enough, you have the
    terry.png

Fuck it, have the other one.
    isaiah.png

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  9. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Again, am really hoping for some FTL style space battles where you gotta command your ship while the crew handles the systems on your ship. Seriously: A lot of potential ideas could come out of this whole crew thing.

10. Hwo Thumb

Hwo Thumb Scruffy Nerf-Herder

H Y P E
    Y
    P
    E

Fish people are the best.

n1t3n likes this.
  11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

12. Thalant

Thalant Zero Gravity Genie

True. They are Floran's food.

jakecool19, Kelthazan and Kawa like this.
  13. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

If they went full on FTL with space battles... omg, traveling would be so much more fun. I'd actually want to explore space :u Could have a SAIL gui to place upgradable ship weapons with the size/whatnot depending on your ship's tier. Ship PVP would be pretty cool too.

Pumafi likes this.
  14. Nancok

Nancok Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Theres a guard role? for helping the player survive, anyway if it is the balance is going to be a hard thing

15. BlackGryphon

BlackGryphon Void-Bound Voyager

Hylotl villages. I wish my pc hadn't made like chernobl and melted down. I miss this game so much

16. BlackGryphon

BlackGryphon Void-Bound Voyager

"Hey-ooo!" - "Steve"

17. n1t3n

n1t3n Big Damn Hero

GREAT ! Yes the medic should lower the cooldown or the cost for a crew member respawn. And indeed we should be able to spawn a beast guard npc from a colony with an appropriate and rare colony setup. We could ask them to wait/attack/passive/flirt?/trade/follow/wear/keep a secret as a progressive feature. A 9 tier ship could be neat indeed and unique protectorate equipment to craft/give/find. And please special missions, and PLEASE penguins as recruits. But still, awesome.

18. alexACE

alexACE Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm super excited about these updates. Starbound 1.0 is going to be amazing!

19. BelikrDscale

BelikrDscale Subatomic Cosmonaut

nightly is broken :rofl: you can't enable the matter manipulator now.

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

/admin
    /aicommand giveBeamaxe

n1t3n likes this.