3rd & 4th November Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

They've been doing "bugfixes" for three years now. How buggy IS this game?

killpay, Ademer, Ado and 3 others like this.
  2. Latone

Latone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Every coder I've ever known learns best by bugs. So everything new they write (probably most of the game from the sound of the posts) starts out super-buggy. It's inevitable that it is riddled with bugs. I'm not a coder, but it looks like 25% of the time is writing code, 70% is debugging, and 5% is admiring your handiwork/playing what you made/making notes/everything else.

Also - I can't wait to see just how badly these dungeons kill me as I try to break everything in Beta :)

3. Take a look at bartwes stream sometime, maybe then you'll begin to understand how ridiculous the bugs can be :)

Trowzers, Ignis and Silvestre like this.
  4. Markosmo

Markosmo Orbital Explorer

That rogue armor so good :D well done. Getting prepared to take a week off work for this haha Btw if you could release around the 8th that would be great. The woman is on a art course for a week and i need me some private game time.

Sslark likes this.
  5. Pizzarugi

Pizzarugi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They must have a short-medium length list of bugs written down somewhere and when people get antsy for beta, quickly pop it out to fix a couple then explain why we can't have beta as there's lots of bugs that need fixing. :p

6. Xx5hupsxX

Xx5hupsxX Void-Bound Voyager

really like this dungeon, look quite creepy. good job guys and gals the game looks great and cant wait to get my hands on it

7. Coolitic

Coolitic Big Damn Hero

I dislike the lava textures.

8. Sslark

Sslark Void-Bound Voyager

Why they gotta make me want this game so much? :eek:

9. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

I think it's hot coals, lava seen in other screenshots look very different.
    Check out Lava biome screenshots here: http://starbounder.org/Lava_Biome

10. SerinityFyre

SerinityFyre Subatomic Cosmonaut

Plus sometimes fixing a bug creates a new bug. Code is fun like that :)

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  11. Mikerlantz

Mikerlantz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Silvestre and Greatblackshark like this.
  12. Xyth

Xyth Void-Bound Voyager

Very good new forum design, and thanks for the update again-I hope Tiy told the truth ^^

13. Equen

Equen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

On twitter GeorgeV said that he was bug testing griefing, he included this picture which includes lava i think.
    http://i.imgur.com/8aZworF.png

14. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

Let's hope the anti-griefing options can be turned off if you're creating a server and only want to play with friends.

15. Cereto

Cereto Subatomic Cosmonaut

I fell in love with that armor the moment i saw it. My first goal is to find oit how I get it and keep it in my social slot forever.

Also I had a dream, i really did, that beta is going to start on the 15th. I just can't remember the month...

16. EmGeHo

EmGeHo Cosmic Narwhal

They create new stuff all the time, which means new problems, it's not like they get a mountain of bugs after writing the very first codes and then never again.

17. Jexel

Jexel Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hopefully beta will be out soon.

18. Kytteh

Kytteh Void-Bound Voyager

hell to the yes it's all lookin Gooooooooood
    I can't wait to get a peck at it (see what i did there?)

19. I3uckwheat

I3uckwheat Starship Captain

Keep it up Chucklefish! It's like a marathon, its hard and its a push, but once you get to the end, it will make you feel invincible! Just don't lose hope, remember to have fun with it as well, what fun is a game that the developers didn't have fun making? It turns play into work and entertainment into frustration.. Whatever you do, don't get burned out or angry with yourself! GO CHUCKLEFISH GO!

JagBlack likes this.
  20. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Looks cool!
    Also are you going to fix this new forum theme?