3rd & 4th November Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 5, 2013.

1. DanteStigma

DanteStigma Phantasmal Quasar

i appologize but these creatures must release their insanity, as when they embrace such things they shall become complete.

2. Sevidra

Sevidra Existential Complex

My silly question of the day is:

Can we pull that dungeon apart and steal the blocks for use elsewhere? :)

If so, I'm very happy. Yay for lava blocks!

-Sevi

Earthboundtothestars likes this.
  3. DiGi42

DiGi42 Void-Bound Voyager

I was wondering the same thing, are ALL blocks useable (is it possible to use all types of blocks in all places, are they all mineable) :geek:

4. clevernamegoeshere

clevernamegoeshere Subatomic Cosmonaut

According to the roadmap, there's supposed to be a particular item in a dungeon that must be destroyed/taken/whatever before you can start taking the dungeon apart. So "yes".

5. DanteStigma

you should be able to after the dungeon guardian (be it an item or mob) is destroyed.

6. DiGi42

DiGi42 Void-Bound Voyager

I have read (in a daily update or someplace) what you said about a certain item being destroyed before we can mine a dungeon for blocks, but the part of the game I am most looking forward to is building and mining for new stuff and crafting new stuff, I would like some clarification from one of the DEVs as to the blocks and if they are ALL mineable and ALL useable, not just the dungeon blocks as well although they are the coolest looking at the moment.

7. DanteStigma

er they should be, if i remember correctly all but the core of the planet's and the ships should be mineable and useable assuming you have the right tools

8. Vampiz

Vampiz Pangalactic Porcupine

Let me come with you!

9. Ragewithin

Ragewithin Void-Bound Voyager

Diary Entry #2: Day 2, I have found an abandoned farm, seems to be growing a little bit of patience, with this I will probably last a few more days, there is no sign of "The Beta" yet, it seems it is just a myth and I was sent on a suicidal hunt for a dream. Maybe I will have better chance looking for beta on the 'morrow. Oh no, twilight is approaching I must find shelter before the...*ends*

Ado, Fatman696, samufel and 2 others like this.
  10. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds like a typical Fallout scenario to me x). Oh wait, Grim Dawn have those, too ><.

11. Vampiz

Vampiz Pangalactic Porcupine

*Approaches the guy writing in his diary* Hey you, you can't hide from me! *Gives chase to the guy looking for shelter*

12. Heebejeebes

Heebejeebes Phantasmal Quasar

13. aytimus

aytimus Master Chief

Starbound is a Duke Nukem Forever like.

14. Sundowner

Sundowner Astral Cartographer

I was gonna just stick to making a western-themed town for my main planet, but I'm gonna have to make a space castle now. No getting around how nice that cobble wall looks.

15. FerretBoy

FerretBoy Aquatic Astronaut

I cannot it would be to risky and might just rip time and space as we know it apart.

16. FerretBoy

My universe will consist of many planets made for banana farms alone. I will then work on creating my device that will allow inter-dimensional gravitational vortex travel between my universe and you humans' universe.

17. R0flw4ffl3z

R0flw4ffl3z Void-Bound Voyager

The Beta... It Draws Near.

Vampiz, FerretBoy and Silver86 like this.
  18. brandonlk

brandonlk Pangalactic Porcupine

I bet you ANYTHING that my craptop won't be able to run starbound ( yes including a cookie)

19. DanteStigma

i'll take that bet and raise you a invisible ghost cookie that your laptop will run it better than a desktop.

20. FerretBoy

Do not think such negative thoughts my young mortal. If it is meant to be and such as it is then it shall be to come. You will be ready for when it arrives and it will have you upon its keys prepared for you arrival into this glorious world. Mortal I will supply your with all that you require within the boundaries of my own power in this universe.

laxman21 and Jonesy like this.