2nd July Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Caep

Caep Void-Bound Voyager

Hooray!

2. Borristheviking

Borristheviking Aquatic Astronaut

You are working superhard on this game! you deserve a medal! ...And jelly beans...OR a medal made out of jelly beans?! The best kind of medal! ;)

3. Baku Vicen

Baku Vicen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Holy star cow! I really find that color hard to read, Frodew

4. Benjabby

Benjabby Title Not Found

are the monster part sprites final? Because the tail looks like it has a lot more shading than the rest of the body parts and I like it because monsters always seemed to have no shading to me

5. steave?

steave? Starship Captain

They do not need or deserve any of thoughs things. What they do need to do is get out the game that they said would be done almost a year ago. They need start being more honest in when this game is coming out. These daily updates about what there doing are fantastic but lets face fact it these updates are words on a screen with a game play video every 1 or 2 weeks of a game that looks beta worthy. A good start to being more honest with fans would be a beta release date.

Games4Playing likes this.
  6. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

Major step, eh? I like Major Steps.

Coronel Stride is cool too.

7. Sabreur

Sabreur Pangalactic Porcupine

The random monster system is looking really, really impressive. I'm going to feel guilty blowing them up.

Okay, no I won't. But I'll at least appreciate all the work put into making them before breaking out the rocket launcher.

Frodew likes this.
  8. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

here is how it works
    they probably have something that recognizes what pieces are put together to make the monster (and for colors)
    probably numbers
    and the evolved monster comes from a different set of pieces where the number correspond
    so yes random gen monsters evolve
    on a sidenote "gotta catch em' all"

9. PancakeIV

PancakeIV Void-Bound Voyager

Mining started with Infiniminer, actually.

PurpleSquirel43 likes this.
  10. Hugt

Hugt Phantasmal Quasar

Evolved virorbs perhaps?! Even tho they aren't random?
    This just adds to the crazy amount of monsters there will be!!
    With each update... this game just gets better and better.
    CANNOT WAIT. MUST PLAY NOW. :virorb:

11. wow_gerald

wow_gerald Subatomic Cosmonaut

Love the idea of creature evolution. Gives more depth to the game and more to look out for. Can't wait and thanks for putting this into Starbound. Very much appreciated.

12. Friendorpho

Friendorpho Void-Bound Voyager

Excellent update! Creature evolution sounds nifty. I can't wait until players start organizing their own pokemon leagues using in-game creatures.

13. Ahbahl

Ahbahl Title Not Found

Started with Infiniminer, got famous with Minecraft.

14. Godzilla03

Godzilla03 Industrial Terraformer

im pretty sure its only one evolution per monster like you would see in pokemon. Even if its a good idea, all the work to implement that would be pretty insane. Also, you would really get crowded. Every planet would be overpopulated with smarts NPC. Anyway :)

15. Dictionary

Dictionary Void-Bound Voyager

That's one small step for man...One giant plushie for mankind.

16. Silican Beat

Silican Beat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not sure if it's been said before but it looks to me as though there'll be particular monster sets as well as procedurally generated ones.
    Nice.

Frodew likes this.
  17. Baku Vicen

Baku Vicen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Patience is the mother of science. And this is a game about science-fiction. Maybe we should have patience-fiction o_O

UlfrAndi and 1John5vs7 like this.
  18. Marksman46

Marksman46 Master Chief

For a second, I was like "why did I pay for a game that isn't out yet?" and after this post I remembered.

<3's for the devs.

1John5vs7 likes this.
  19. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

[​IMG]
    Endless wonder, my friend.

20. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's an awesome idea but i doubt that they would be advanced enough to build settlements and talk to the players.