Dev Blog 29th February - Clueless

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

More likely, then we can mod our way to it ; Revive the Agaran Menace case, retrieve USCM corruption history, Big Ape documents, or even some form of MiniKnog Georgian Guidestones.

2. Xavier Darkheart

Xavier Darkheart Pangalactic Porcupine

This is nice, but I'm still waiting on optimizing. I don't care what you add since I can't play it yet. :l

3. KruczekIIV

KruczekIIV Void-Bound Voyager

Esther is creepy. Really creepy.

Axe Garian and Relten like this.
  4. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

Question will I ever get a hovertank or speedboat?

5. Sorini

Sorini Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah I wonder why they don't have a key. Hopefully the lore will pour in with all this new story stuff! :D

6. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

Well, now furniture hunts are not just furniture hunt anymore. Awesome. I now have a completely justified reason to completely loot a whole town. Or several.

7. emeraldgreen72

I hunt for different types of clothes and suits or costumes so I hope they add more of those :3

lemon flavoured and DragonsForce like this.
  8. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Well, you don't loot the town, you just scan it. That's the idea. .-.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

I loot the towns, and i sell the excess.............sometimes right back to them

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. julamad

julamad Void-Bound Voyager

awesome work guys! by doing this you will allow us to play with friends through the main quest right away! even if they are not in the same part of, unlike before when giving gear was not enough thanks to the heat/cold/radiation body thingy (sorry, forgot the name).

You are taking the game to the right path and I'm sure Starbound will be one of thoose who mark the history of gaming, the inspiration of many games to come in the future.

11. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

I feel the need to point out that the out-of-universe reason for Novakid not having a key is probably because they're bonus content. The other 6 have been set up as the "main races" for a long time. I think the Novakid were a implemented for a stretch goal or something, right? They're like free DLC - They don't have an important role in this part of the main story. (Not to say they won't be important later on though.)
    In universe explaination... I have no idea. Perhaps only the 6 keys were made and needed, so they didn't bother creating an unnessessary 7th one? Or because the Novakid were so spread out and didn't have a centralized government to keep the key at at the time? Or perhaps they have a 7th "backup" key that will need to be aquired due to Earth's and, presumably the Human Key's destruction? Who knows. Well, the devs do, but I doubt they'll outright tell us.

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. emeraldgreen72

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT :nuruhype: I DON'T REMEMBER MY RACE HAVING A KEY wait which planet did i come from again oh wait i forgot :nuruneutral: ? key what key i don't remember my race having a key..... wait what where we talking about again? oh right we where probably talking about my shotgun Betty ain't she fine just look at her she is stunning she can blast people into another universe cause she is just that dam powerful i love this here gun....whats that a key? what you do mean you already told me about it i don't remember you saying nothing about a key....sir are you applying that i can't remember something that was said 30 seconds ago well then your probably right who where you again?

get it cause the post is called clueless HAR HAR

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  13. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

The novakids probably don't have a key because they were added later into the game. Maybe they just feel it would be easier to put most of the attentions into the base six. Or maybe they just haven't gotten around to adding them to that image.

That said technically its not a theory its a hypothesis. A theory needs a fair amount of evidence supporting it which you have not provided.

Another detail I would like to add is that not every race will have a key. Even if all 7 or 8 playable races so get one that would likely still leave out the non-playable races such as the penguins, alpacas, froggs and agarans.

Also just a thing I'd like to add. I always pronounced Agaran as (ar-g-air-an). Have no idea if that is the correct pronunciation though.

14. emeraldgreen72

i always took the easy route and just called them shroom people

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. Sean10M

That's racist!

lemon flavoured likes this.
  16. emeraldgreen72

fine then i will just refer to the as the mushroom tribes men

lemon flavoured likes this.
  17. Sean10M

That's even worse. Do you even know what sort of fungus they are? For all you know calling them mushrooms could be equivalent to calling a human a slug.

18. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

You never know if whatever furniture you came across will still be needed in the future for the quest. So it is better to loot everything and hoard them somewhere, so you can just scan them later easily instead of having to find them again.

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

ok to go with the key idea thing what if a diffrent race thats not playable has/had a key that we will have to get? i like the idea that the penguins having a key to this gate to be a thing and that dreadwing could be hunted down to find the said key.

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. Sean10M

I think scanning objects is going to be the new way of adding them to the pixel printer so no I don't think that will be necessary. Though if you want to be a lawless pirate by all means. Rob them all blind. I know I do.

Axe Garian and lemon flavoured like this.