28 April - Total Warhammer

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
  2. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Nice... Good to see that there are going to things added to the ocean eventually. :)

wondering though if there are going to be other colors for the spears and hammers though. I like what was shown, as that is quite a variety there... Just seem like it is part of a set almost. Well regardless it is nice to see some variation.:D

TheFloranChef likes this.
  3. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Can't wait to find the ocean mini-dungeons in game!

4. Forecaster

Forecaster Void-Bound Voyager

Is that a treasure block I see?!

I need it! And the new weapons look awesome!

PabloM likes this.
  5. TinyFear

TinyFear Astral Cartographer

aaaahhhhhhhh ocean dungeon and new weapons can't wait :yeahhhh:
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:poo::chucklefish:

6. ScienceSlasher

ScienceSlasher Void-Bound Voyager

finally! the ocean is getting it's own mini-dungeons! it will be so much less boring exploring the oceans depths. also the weapons look good enough to be used by a heroic adventurer! keep up the awesome work on this amazing game!

7. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

Most excellent.

Ocean biomes could use a little love. I want more excuses to meander across their floors in my spacesuit, narrating my aquatic ambulation in a Costeauesque monologue.

Just talking about it makes me want to play Frog Fractions

Ferrettomato and RatixFarrence like this.
  8. TheNinjaM

TheNinjaM Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was thinking while looking at this post, have you considered making "energy weapons?" Like a powerful "Laser Sword" that requires energy to use at max power (or at all). This could be an idea for higher tiered weapons passed the "impervium/frozium/cerulium" tier. The designs of these new generated weapons are really freakin' cool. :DD

9. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

So, in Total, Warhammers have 40k possible variations, would you say?

This is a new Dawn of War.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  10. Caidoz

Caidoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Glad to see oceans getting more love, they're my favorite planets to build on but they're so empty right now.

sid3aff3ct likes this.
  11. Supernorn

Supernorn Starbound Artist and Parallax Pixel Pusher Chucklefish

Yes, all the weapons are "magic coloured" in the code. The colours you see in the picture are the base colours. So ingame it chooses between quite a few pre-selected colour palettes. I also went in and reworked all the existing palettes so the colours of the weapons will look much much better than before.[DOUBLEPOST=1430241635,1430241476][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yes. I actually pulled out all the energy blade sprites and I'm hanging onto them for now. We don't yet have the ability to make weapons act as a light source, so the light blades have always looked pretty bad. We're planning to get this in and then we'll look into maybe having light swords etc. As a separate weapon type.

12. Remiarn

Remiarn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

We got no troubles
    Life is the bubbles
    Under the sea
    [​IMG]

13. SuperMandrew

SuperMandrew Cosmic Narwhal

I think the new designs of all these weapons are really neat! But... do they have any impact on the stats of the weapon itself?

When clumped together, a lot of them can end up looking similar, but if the design has unique properties it applies to the weapon, I think it will help them stand out more.

14. steelwing

steelwing Big Damn Hero

Awesomesauce! :) Loving the spears, especially.
    I haven't gotten to play beyond the first system, sadly, owing to not being able to defeat the Erchius Horror yet.D: In general, how common are the various biomes?

15. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

'Murrican weaponry!

sid3aff3ct and Greenfinger like this.
  16. Silver200x

Silver200x Subatomic Cosmonaut

this all looks incredible im excited about the ocean biome, dungeons , the islands need to be slightly longer, perhaps thats the planets i been too, not spawning a slightly bigger land mass, i run around them all too find a suitable place to build a house and facilitys

a "wooden docking platform" graphics would be nice , bit of seaweed on the legs, like a pier or boat dock 3dx4w includes 2d legs 1d plaform 4 wide, and 0dx2w platform or something would make even more appealing and give more sense to living on a ocean biome, i litterally go to deserts and suck up sand n stuff to takeback to create bigger land mass on these biomes, to live on them, the boat is pretty cool, but need a surf board too , just left and right , and perhaps silly flip jump animation would be fun, will make for interesting multiplayer fun too, all on surfboards on ocean biome, also would be neat idea to quickly return to surface equiping it. due to its bouyancy.

loving the new mission systems. so my understanding of getting NPC villagers is to build them a home with right materials and they move in? or i have to buy an approprate type of spawner?

sρooκs and Hatsya Souji like this.
  17. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

All this talk about hammers and shit, and I'm just sitting here with a funky pen.
    Vacancy sign.

severedskullz and DaedricShadow like this.
  18. Silver200x

Silver200x Subatomic Cosmonaut

Vacancy Sign, Cool Thanks.

19. The new weapons look fantastic! I did have a suggestion though, perhaps there could be a machine that lets you randomize the appearance of a weapon for a bit of pixels / resources, or lets you pick all the components for a ton of resources. I would love some kind of pink war-hammer for my ballerina outfit!

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  20. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Oh yes stuff for the Ocean! Me and my favourite Hylotl love the ocean, but atm it is a bit boring, holding A and LMB and occasionally E or Spacebar... Hope the Hylotl citys 'n' stuff get added soon!