22nd May - Pod chests!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, May 22, 2015.

1. Alsanu

Alsanu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My 2 pennies:
    I consider the teleportation thingy to be more plausible. Another theory might be remnants of ancient civs. Also, would it be the same race that placed all those random outpost-style constructions underground?

2. Adivia

Adivia Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh yes! I love it! Fits much better then the wooden chests! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1432465846][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Awesome! Hope they use you're quotes! :D

Alsanu likes this.
  3. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Your, and they probably can't just up and do that, legally speaking.

4. Adivia

Adivia Scruffy Nerf-Herder

oops, weren't really thinking when I was typing

5. rush116sx

rush116sx Void-Bound Voyager

sounds awsome! :D

6. k0no

k0no Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this is exactly the kind of content i've been waiting for. the game is clearly accelerating towards being a finished product, with these excellent late-development inclusions like colonisation, teleporters and this new stuff announced today.

good job. the game has felt interesting but mostly like an empty sandbox so far. it's gradually becoming a more fully-fledged game.

7. Assaf

Assaf Void-Bound Voyager

Pod chests look awesome

8. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

I'd like to imagine that it's a similar situation as Risk of Rain, except that there's nobody alive to retrieve the dropped cargo.

*imagines the RoR characters' suits as SB vanity armor*

9. SupertankerZambda

SupertankerZambda Void-Bound Voyager

That would be a really awesome cameo! Definitly something I'd use too.

Since Chucklefish did publish RoR, maybe they could get in touch with the devs and work something out?

Not likely, but it is possible I suppose.

10. firekirby135

firekirby135 Big Damn Hero

You say Ancient civs, I say forgotten ones. Keep in mind the eighth, cracked and faded face on the warp gates. Kinda eludes to another race that was prevalent, but time forgot, no? ;)
    (heck, even the Agarans were an unknown race up until a certain point in the beta)

Alsanu likes this.
  11. Khaase8

Khaase8 Void-Bound Voyager

Vehicles sound fun. I can't wait to see what kind of cool rides we can spawn in.

12. Rinyrinri

Rinyrinri Void-Bound Voyager

I like the changes to the chests a lot! I would love to see them be stackable, as we desperately need a better storage solution since lockers were nerfed. Even if they arn't stackable the new chests definitely fit the theme better.

13. DoYouMined

DoYouMined Void-Bound Voyager

"Also, weapon chests look a whole lot more like chests that contain weapons." Love that line :rofl:

14. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Yeah this is on nightly already.
    Nightly is pretty amazing right now. But I can't figure out how to make a house for the colonydeed that i spawned in.

15. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

This is pretty neat.

16. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Regarding autodrive.... does this means a possibility where vehicles, rather than being an energy-driven "ability" the turn off once the player energy is out, might eventually become a physical entity that the player can hop in and out of physically with it's own stats/energy reserve(and, just maybe, equipment? Since turrets can now be themselves "upraded" with ranged weapons).

I won't lie, I would admit that a "vehicle bay/storage/assembly line" would feel like a -very- nice ship upgrade in the game.

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  17. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

They won't just be in tech chests. They will be able to drop from almost every chest and from monsters as well. I don't think anybody should be worried about not getting enough, unless you truly do no exploration and would rather stay and build in one spot.. but even then you could set up a monster farm and get plenty.

Someone else replied to you, but I don't think they mentioned that captured pets level up each 20 kills they get. They can be quite useful even at higher tiers.

Right now there are several that are made but not in use, you can see them at the bottom of the Tech wiki page.

That sounds.. backwards.

Anyway, read up on the Colony Deed wiki page, it should answer any questions you have.

Yes, that has been the plan for mechs and more traditional vehicles. Here's Tiyuri's last quote on it:
    Another quote about vehicles in that thread:
    As a bonus to that, another quote from the same thread:

18. firekirby135

firekirby135 Big Damn Hero

Thank you sincerely for all that. Half of that not even I was aware of, and I'd like to think I follow this pretty religiously. Glad to know there's even more in the works I don't know about to get hyped for. :)

19. HI-MAX²

HI-MAX² Scruffy Nerf-Herder

About the OP... What do you guys would say about "High-Tech Mimics" (with lasers and stuff)?

PS: For reference, THIS is a mimic.

Wreth likes this.
  20. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Yeah I checked that first. I made sure that I at least met the requirements (and tried exact requirements) and even with a decent sized structure it would scan then fail.

I think there are some rules to it that I'm missing that aren't on the wiki page. For example, Terraria houses had to be at least a certain size and couldn't have dirt backgrounds.