22nd May - Pod chests!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, May 22, 2015.

1. DrgnKakashi

DrgnKakashi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can't wait to see these new features, love the look of the new chests, makes sense since the TECH chests were super identifiable from a distance.

Does this mean the wooden chests are gone forever? Or will we be able to craft them from the start now?

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Wooden chests appear where these modern new chests wouldn't make sense. This has been stated often.

3. yucehenian

yucehenian Intergalactic Tourist

作为一个中国玩家,其实一直都在困扰,中国那么多的人,想法也有很多,何况西方和东方的想法差距很大,我的英语水平很有限,无法用英文来表达我的所有想法,所以我希望有懂得中文的朋友或者用谷歌翻译出来的东西可以给制作方CHUCKFISH提供一些想法.比如岩浆星球的生态,还有岩浆下面有些什么东西,完全无法探索(mod也就不说了)比如游戏的星球等级,为什么一定要固定下来,一个等级对应一个生态?还有现在的小行星带完全没有什么用处.那个上面目前来看什么也没有,气态星球真的无法登录吗?以后也不可能吗?也许有许多人做了许多的mod.但是对于一个忠于游戏的玩家来说,mod只是一个辅助游戏的插件而已,载具这个东西这里已经说了,有戏了,这个也算是满足了我们玩家的一个心愿,前哨站那里的那个避难所又会什么时候完成呢?这个值得期待啊
    以下的是谷歌翻译出来的,如果制作方可以看得到,希望可以看一下,毕竟,是地球另一边的一个国度的一个玩家的想法:

The following is a Google translation out, if producers can see, I hope you can see, after all, is a player's idea of a country on the other side of the globe:
    As a Chinese player, in fact, has been in trouble, so many Chinese people, there are a lot of ideas, not to mention a big gap between Western and Eastern thought, my English is very limited, you can not use English to express all my thoughts, so I friends want to understand Chinese or translated with Google out of things to give producers CHUCKFISH provide some ideas, such as ecology lava planet, as well as some of magma beneath something completely unable to explore (mod can not say) such as games of star rating, why must be fixed, a level corresponds to an ecosystem? There asteroid belt now completely useless. the above now nothing, gaseous planets really can not logged in? later can not it? Maybe there are a lot of people do a lot of mod. but for a loyal game players, mod only a secondary game plug-in only, vehicle this thing has been said here, Me, and this can be considered to meet one of our players wish outpost where the sanctuary will when completed? This is worth looking forward to ah

4. Stormalisk

Stormalisk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The MM upgrades look interesting, will there be a way to craft them too for those who rather grind materials than explore?

Also, I recently released a mod that added vanilla block crafting and upgraded drill/pickaxe durability. So I must ask, can the pickaxes/drills be more tier driven useful? They feel as brittle as shale-stone right now.

5. lordbociek

lordbociek Pangalactic Porcupine

I would like to see wooden chest too[DOUBLEPOST=1432380574][/DOUBLEPOST]Some months ago , i lost faith in Starbound team , Today i`m very happy person -seeing , that this game , is being better , and better -wish all of the team members -GOOD LUCK and STRENGHT - for improving this wonderfull game - Thank ALL OF YOU !!!

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  6. Devontis

Devontis Space Hobo

This is all great, what would happen with people who have fully upgraded manipulators? Keep up the great work and ideas.

7. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Void-Bound Voyager

I think that there all Ersome! :DD

8. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

Don't forget to keep the old chest sprites! They will come in handy in glitch planets!

9. Babzilla

Babzilla Void-Bound Voyager

I love the new chest designs!! I'm also excited for the components for upgrades! I can't wait to progress more!! X3

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Nothing. They're already upgraded.
    That's the plan, to have wooden chests where it makes sense to have 'em.

11. elfritobandito9

elfritobandito9 Void-Bound Voyager

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

woo easy postcount++

13. KingKaor

KingKaor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think upgraded back Lanterns is a thing that should have been added a long time ago, but now that they're coming I'm absolutely excited for it. I also like the idea of wings as cosmetic items, it'll make playing the Avian that much cooler. The redesigned chests are cool as well, although the size of them might cause problems when trying to make a storage area. Also changing matter manipulator upgrades from "get X amount of resource Y" to "Find this cool thing while exploring", and the other changes to resource hunting for upgrades might make the adventuring aspect of the game more fun. I do hope that with the change of how matter manip. upgrades are obtained leads to pickaxes and drills becoming less garbage.

Also (and this is just my opinion) maybe taking out admin commands for offline mode in the stable version of the game. It's making it way too easy.

lordbociek likes this.
  14. HellArcher

HellArcher Void-Bound Voyager

These are POD chests, they probably came from space like other pod stuff. It was also said multiple times, old chests WILL still spawn on some planets.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Noone's forcing you to type it any more than people forced you to type F10-G in old iD software games.

intrepid-explorer and lordbociek like this.
  16. KingKaor

KingKaor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Eh, I guess you got a point.

lordbociek and Kawa like this.
  17. BreacK

BreacK Subatomic Cosmonaut

VEHICLES! wooo! :D

18. Necryel

Necryel Pangalactic Porcupine

I like how this will add depth and a bit of variety to both crafting and progression.

19. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

The chests look awesome!
    On another note, (without testing the system yet) the tech/upgrade/etc module sounds really grindy....

20. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Just for personal fun and boredom relief, here's some numbers:
    • Page 1, two times
    • Page 2, one time
    • Page 3, three times
    • Page 4, one time
    • Page 5, two times
    • Page 6, three times
    In total, people have mistaken the fate of the wooden chests in one way or another no less than twelve times in six pages. Impressive job, everybody.

KingKaor, lordbociek, Crims and 5 others like this.