22nd May - Pod chests!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, May 22, 2015.

1. Maku

Maku Scruffy Nerf-Herder

would like a way to power up the flashlights, like stronger light that penetrates more blocks
    also like a way to use flashlight and matter manipulator at the same time, i know we got some items you can put on your back and head for that, but then flashlights would be less useless

2. caisar

caisar Void-Bound Voyager

starbound become more and more awsome

3. GreamMeakel

GreamMeakel Void-Bound Voyager

All I know is

Vehicles - sweet
    So need a bull-dozed
    A front end loader
    A back hoe
    A combine
    A tractor
    Some boats
    Some sort of spider mining thing that can climb walls (even the back wall)
    Some sort of construction crane to help us build from a single point - would be awesome if it used a teleport core and had some kind of link to a massive storage locker that also had to use a teleport core in the making. To make it easier to access our goodies. I don't know how many chest I fill up with stuff and then I can't find what I am looking for when building my castles.

4. intrepid-explorer

intrepid-explorer Phantasmal Quasar

Huh...for most forums, the TOS says, "we own anything you post," but I rechecked the TOS and this place lacks that. But if the devs like someone's content that much they can send a waiver offline. I'd sign, or if they don't feel right getting the words for free they can pay me. :p

firekirby135 likes this.
  5. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, no. And by no I mean yes. YES! FINALLY! CHESTS THAT LOOK APPROPRIATELY SCI-FI! I took to complaining every time I found treasure because the pirate chests were underwhelming. :'B So, so happy to see these little changes that really enhance immersion.

edit: I kept saying WHY AREN'T THEY LIKE FALLEN CARGO CONTAINERS OR SOMETHING. Ha ha ha haaaaa!

6. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Has the obvious been stated yet?

Starbound's chests should be made to look like the chests in Risk of Rain.

7. firekirby135

firekirby135 Big Damn Hero

I wouldn't say all of them, though it would be cool to see a RoR-style chest in the future. ^_^

8. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

And I'll find one of those glow needles inside and instantly think "YEAH! SOLDIER'S SYRINGE!!!"

9. Phileas

Phileas Aquatic Astronaut

Great news for the chest ! Finally I'll be able to use them in my ship without it looking weird. :D