22 July - Grass Inspector

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 22, 2015.

1. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

That actually works better for me... probably....

2. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

It already works when flowing over blocks. It just also works under blocks.

3. Akre

Akre Pangalactic Porcupine

Great idea with the end game merchant selling bars! It makes mining in the last stage much less tedious.

4. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

Liking the new merchant, now we can not only turn ore into pixels, but pixels into ore! The transmutation cycle is complete!
    Now we can turn all our excess copper into diamonds. Or rather (for me) to turn all my excess diamonds into iron, since I always seem to be short on that when doing wiring.

That's pretty awesome actually. So many potential applications for pipes and fountains and such,

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    Kawa likes this.
  5. DirkLarien

DirkLarien Void-Bound Voyager

i like that. It certainly brings atmosphere to the game. I actually would not mind if it were on mouse button.
    I come from old RPGs where plenty of meaningless items had its own description.... sometimes rather funny.

6. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

I would still prefer a way to survey for minerals. Whether is it is aimlessly looking for a material without hints at random, or grinding pixels to buy the materials, it'll also feel unfun to me.

When you are going to dig, you'll need a map and a way to scan the terrain and extrapolate the data with the map to see where's likely to be what you are looking for.

7. TanzNukeTerror

:3

Unclever title and Godbot like this.
  8. Quizok

Quizok Subatomic Cosmonaut

How many people are still in the CF team?

9. TanzNukeTerror

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

<healthire> People keep linking that team page
    <healthire> It's out of date, there's a reason we removed the link to it :/
    <Kawa> CF is more than just SB though, right? So you'd have CF employees who may or not be in the SB team?
    <healthire> Well the cat doesn't work on starbound
    <healthire> It just attacks everyone and eats paper
    <Kawa> :D

11. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Yeah, finally my character will stop saying "Some indescribable horror" about all the species he meets ! (as a xenobiologist, I'm supposed to be amazed by new species)

12. AsmodeanMage

AsmodeanMage Void-Bound Voyager

This post made me happy beyond words, but i felt like i needed to post a thank you.

Thank you i was really looking forward to using the inspect tool, it really adds the sciency or RPG depth

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  13. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

I hope that next we can craft a map.

14. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman Void-Bound Voyager

You guys do know that by removing player descriptions, RP servers no longer have the ability to list a physical description of their character, right?