Dev Blog 20th January - Monkey Business

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 21, 2016.

1. PureTalon

PureTalon Void-Bound Voyager

the look on that mission looks dope. also that ship. im gonna try to replicate that since my new base is gonna be on the scorched city :D

2. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

Do you add fan build winners to the actual game? If not It would be really awesome and add some more variety! This is my favorite so far, I think it looks especially awesome.

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Daowlie

Daowlie Void-Bound Voyager

Some things about this game make me think of Borderlands. Maybe it's the infinite guns, maybe it's the bandits, or maybe it's the aliens. Screw it, EVERYTHING in this game makes me think of Borderlands!

lemon flavoured likes this.
  4. LachlanYT

LachlanYT Poptop Tamer

Molly where did u fine this structure

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Dat pun though.. I thought no more puns!? [​IMG]
    Kidding.

Wow, this is nice! new missions! new hype! [​IMG]

7. kazunenazumu

kazunenazumu Void-Bound Voyager

Is that community made map will actually be added to the game ? :nuruawe:
    Man, that would be really cool. love the looks of it.

Jarod likes this.
  8. cnlu

cnlu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

nice!

btw, how goes the hylotl cities? i mean, you' guys are working on it right?

9. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

Would be nice to have chance of finding crashed ships to explore on planets, Maybe even have it so we could find ship fuel store inside the crash along side other loot items.

Axe Garian and lemon flavoured like this.
  10. kalez

kalez Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have to ask: how far after the penguin robot boss mission is this? I am just asking because after having replayed the game about 6-7 times with my family (restarted after each stable update), I have come to the realization that this game is pretty damn short. Even taking time exploring every planet landed on and such, it can be beaten it in about a week, and I know there are plenty of others who can beat it much faster than that. Are the devs going to be making the game much longer in the long run, or is the current game about as long as it is going to be?

11. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

by final release you don't mean that your gonna stop working on the game right? just that this is the final stable before the game comes out of early access

12. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

You know, this isn't really a story game.... You do the missions and the digging to get the best gear, and then you start searching for cool items (i.e. exploring) and start creating whatever you want (i.e. building). Minecraft, which is kinda simmilar, hasn't even had an end for the longest time, nor did it have exploration. Still, people play it for many many hours...

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. kalez

Yes, I completely agree, but both Minecraft and Terraria (especially Terraria) take MUCH longer to play, and that is the point of my question. Starbound can be very short. By the time you get the best stuff, it almost feels like there is no more point in playing. I have built what I wanted to build, seen what I wanted to see, and there is nothing else worth fighting.

I am hoping they make it longer somehow, and not by just by requiring more materials or making it harder to acquire the materials, because that becomes tiresome. I love this game, but I am getting bored with how short it can be, and I don't want to be :(

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  14. emeraldgreen72

there is only so many hats suits and costumes i can collect before getting kinda board the missions in the game don't even need to about the story like the mysterious party did not really have anything to do with story it was just you getting thrown into a cavern and fighting animals and florans and that was fun

i think the best way to make this game better is to keep it going keep adding new things and mission take the minecraft or terraria route of things maybe even to the point of looking for good modders to help make new things for the game it happened in minecraft quite a few times horses made by a modder the zombie pigman made my someone who could texture well the pistons also from a modder

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
    kalez likes this.
  15. kalez

I do know and have seen that they listen to the community quite a lot. One of the latest announcements were about custom difficulties, which was requested by many people.

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

if you want more to do play with the fracken universe mod installed and try to make one of every item in it as that will add about 3 weeks at worst and about 5 months at best.

17. emeraldgreen72

i hope there will be missions based on the novakids hunting down varmits and bandits (name for bandit leader could be darkstar)

Axe Garian and fernworrier like this.
  18. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

novakids hunting down bandits sounds like a fun mission.

Axe Garian likes this.
  19. emeraldgreen72

maybe getting into a shot out or something explode a few building maybe YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAW

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. kalez

Bounty missions in general would be awesome. Also, I would play mods, but modders eventually quit updating their mods after a while, or take time to update the mod after an update. I've been there before with other games, and that sucks. Besides, we shouldn't have to mod the game for it to be one of decent length.