1st April - Not a bug!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 1, 2015.

1. FloranAndHobbes

FloranAndHobbes Void-Bound Voyager

:saywhat: Do not worry, tiny princesss! Floran sssave you from ssstupid bird!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    Gratuitous Lurking likes this.
  2. Pros3ct0r

Pros3ct0r Void-Bound Voyager

is there an estimated time when the next update will be out ?

Old_Crazy_Gamer likes this.
  3. BotanicalCode

BotanicalCode Subatomic Cosmonaut

Unless of course this comment is a joke.[DOUBLEPOST=1427907741][/DOUBLEPOST]Love the NPC portrait boxes thingies. Can't wait to figure out the Starbound story. From now on I'm not getting near any Agarans.

4. Proydoha

Proydoha Phantasmal Quasar

This gives me strange homestuck vibe.

Tribunus and Kawa like this.
  5. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

I guess the second NPC´s dialogue is an April Fool´s prank due to the obvious reference to "The fresh Prince of Bel-Air".

6. austinlb90

austinlb90 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

where's the April fools joke?

7. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

iworkveryveryfastwheniwantto.png

8. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Did Florans have a concept of gender before interstellar travel? If so, how/why?

9. Cgeta

Cgeta Pangalactic Porcupine

10. Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

Wow, I really love what you guys have going here with the rpg-like character portraits and the text! Also, the placeholder bug and the fresh prince reference made me laugh :)
    I hope these characters give us quests or something, I think there is so much potential here!

Xobotun likes this.
  11. jpmrocks

jpmrocks Phantasmal Quasar

I'd like to see a quest where someone gets shrunk down to the size of a bug, and you gotta help them.

LizardGaming, Morzan and TheUnartist like this.
  12. Xobotun

Xobotun Void-Bound Voyager

Ow, I spent some minutes thinking where was I fooled in that post, and realized – I got fooled because there's no joke in that post! Ha-ha! :)

And that so-called "placeholder model" for floran princesss sshould definitely should be implemented in your great game someday. I really liked that feature bug:)

13. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Maybe. They likely weren´t the only life forms in their homeworld, and they can have masculine/feminine body shapes, so they likely would have something similar based on both.

14. Rukrio

Rukrio Pangalactic Porcupine

screw that, make a reference to Issun!

EDIT in the name of not double posting

also, how will the new combat changes affect existing up to date mods/code?

15. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

let me guess she got struck by a super powerfull Matter Manipulator beam that ture her tiny and was put in that bottle for etc etc
    by the way would not that floran suffocate in that bottle and maybe the zoom picture should look different since she is in a bottle

p.s. good work

16. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

They still photosynthetize, so she wouldn´t suffocate.

17. Lintton

Lintton Guest

It could be that it is less gender in sexual terms as it is two different breeds/species of Floran (represented by the red and blue flower at character creation, instead of the male/female symbol). Plants can have both male and female sexual organs and don't look for "mates", as it were.

Kawa likes this.
  18. Magament

Magament Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh Nice!!! this update is awesome then :D

19. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Just a reminder/fyi - Chucklefish uses Fresh Prince as placeholder text when testing stuff, much like Lorem ipsum. Example: SAIL UI Test Update

Edit: Moved the challenge gate decodings to the dev roundup thread.

Edit2: Tiy posted a Nuru running animation! <Twitter Link>
    Here's a larger version:
    [​IMG]

Titanium, Tamorr and The | Suit like this.
  20. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

I was really hoping this would be the case when I first saw the post of the floran speaking from the jar.
    Reminded me of Majora's Mask, when you shove the deku princess in the bottle.

If not a quest to save someone from a bottle, it would also be cool to have some sort of shrinkray similar in function to the bugnet.
    Hit someone with the shrinkray, instant enemy in a bottle.
    Have an entire room dedicated to your tiny captives :disshappy: