19th June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 20, 2013.

1. SpiroExDeus

SpiroExDeus Cosmic Narwhal

Why would you want it to? IMO a game where you're moving your character and aiming a cursor to fire is much more suited to keyboard and mouse than any other controller. Plus PCs are way more cutting edge than consoles these days. Heck, PS4 and Xbox are now just PCs with limitations on what controllers you can use (They both have AMD64 chips that could just as easily run a PC).

Walross and AdenSword like this.
  2. Timeheart

Timeheart Void-Bound Voyager

You'd almost wonder if the mannequins will be an unlockable or hidden char. They'd have no backstory, but would be funny to see!

3. Psychman

Psychman Void-Bound Voyager

That would be cool! Preview best armor on character *take screenshot*, zoom in, show off yourself with best armor ever.

4. Psychman

That would be cool, maybe to unlock when you beat final boss? Or, maybe you should just be able to craft it as a vanity item or something and put it on.

5. Psychman

Better then no teasers! Then you will just have to wait with absolutely nothing.

6. Epicality

Epicality Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I keep seeing these little golden pixel icons in your screenshots. Would this be the money that players use?

7. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

yes pixels will be the monetary system in StarBound

8. Deathgarnet

Deathgarnet Title Not Found

Even if the splosions don't look as good in screenshots, they still look Mighty fine Mr Tiy, You guys are doing an awesome job, keep it up !

9. Cloaked Hood

Cloaked Hood Orbital Explorer

The explosions look awesome!​

10. Fizz

Fizz Big Damn Hero

I would be happy with just a pool of water and materials next to it in a boxed area for the beta, If it's released early. lolz Also the blocks are going to be destructable by rockets right? =o

AdenSword likes this.
  11. ThatMadCat

ThatMadCat Phantasmal Quasar

Oh my goodness! So much winning, they are beautiful!

THEGNB likes this.
  12. PillowSyndrome

PillowSyndrome Starship Captain

Mannequins? CONFIRMED beta release this week

13. THEGNB

THEGNB Space Spelunker

Star Bound developers: We need something to post on the forums,now! Random dude: Explosions? Everyone: YAYYY :iswydt:

14. LordPants

LordPants Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Man those explosions look rad!

15. Mippy

Mippy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

HOOOHHHRAAAAAAAAAY !! this is awesome! :up:

16. leax256

leax256 Space Penguin Leader

directx = faster game on windows users?
    if so I laugh at mac users.

17. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Title Not Found

most of us did this at day one...

Superduperhazy likes this.
  18. Rarity

Rarity Pangalactic Porcupine

It depends on your graphics card.

19. leax256

leax256 Space Penguin Leader

I don't have an uber GPU, a moderate 7770. looks like I will have to see. if there is an on/off I'll do some tests.

20. Rarity

Rarity Pangalactic Porcupine

No, it's just the difference in how GPUs handle DirectX and OpenGL. Some may find better performance using DirectX than they would OpenGL. Typically, if you have a mid range or higher card, you should notice more performance out of DirectX. Also, OpenGL is more used by other OS.

It's not a big deal when you look at it from the larger picture I suppose, but more options never hurts.