16th September - Hylotl Villages

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 16, 2015.

1. devilanc

devilanc Title Not Found

Yay!!! Was waiting for those fun blocks to disssmember :giggle: Massssive desstruction phase coming ^^ (now, if only this stage could be made easier with block shops....:casper:). Anyway, yay!

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  2. PanzerSpace

PanzerSpace Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*Furniture Stealing intensifies

3. Speed Lightning

Speed Lightning Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you, guys! I look forward to beginning my sixth species-specific furniture collection, as there was a hole in my furniture storage. Literally.
    Anyway, while I understand that this may be slightly too soon to ask, the Hylotl towns appear to generate on ocean planets; when Novakid towns are created, will they also generate on specific planets?

4. Master Porky

Master Porky Scruffy Nerf-Herder

5. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

I play almost exclusively floran and my great friend plays almost exclusively hyotl, its an interesting interaction between races and adds a lot to the game in my opinion, Im really happy to see this incoming even though its not for my race of choice

6. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

The ocean water system HAS been updated in the last update; now water doesn't respawn if the background is filled in (It will however pour in from the sides, so make sure your room is completly sealed). With drains and some logic gates you can build some really fancy airlocks :)

As for water pressure I remember a statement that it probably won't be an enviromental hazard in the main game, but there might be mods for it.

Titanium likes this.
  7. Mighty Archemedes

Mighty Archemedes Phantasmal Quasar

I am very excited to see this! The concept of a second layer of terrain beneath the surface of the ocean adds a new layer of mystery to a planet.

8. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Void-Bound Voyager

ERMAHGERD HERLERTL VERLERGERS ERND CERTERS ERND STERF FERNERLY!

Kawa likes this.
  9. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

outer kaede: this will be a nice addition. inner kaede: YES! FLIPPING YES! FINALLY!

DragonsForce likes this.
  10. Quizok

Quizok Subatomic Cosmonaut

Release date?

11. RayderGuile

RayderGuile Void-Bound Voyager

Finally... I'm moved. :cry:

12. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Nope. They don't give them out far in advance anymore.

Image only posts are considered spam. Please add some text to your post.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  13. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Hmm.. missed a good stream, I guess I'll just watch the back log.

Nice to hear the Hylotl are finally coming about with structures into the game. Quite a bit asked for thing... :D

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  14. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

nice meme

15. Femmex

Femmex Industrial Terraformer

My second favorite race will finaly get towns and more buildings, yeah :rofl:

16. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

*type1ninja resurfaces to continue making bad jokes about resurfacing. Also, less importantly, hylotl villages*

This excites me a lot. I like playing the Hylotl in general just because they look cool. Perhaps more importantly, though, that's one less thing for the complainers to latch on to. :p

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  17. julamad

julamad Void-Bound Voyager

yay! (insert sentence to make this a not spam post here)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    S.A.A. likes this.
  18. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Please bear in mind that one-word posts are considered spam under forum rules. Please edit in at least a sentence.

julamad likes this.
  19. Starcat5

Starcat5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any chance for doors that block liquids even while open? Sure, the above mentioned Air Lock method is workable, but you just know that some NPC is going to stand in the doorway and refuse to move.

20. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

That doesn't matter... The door will push the NPCs aside.