1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

14/4 AMA - New Game Info [Updated]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bacon, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Kujar3

Kujar3 Existential Complex

Bacon likes this.
  2. LordHavoc

LordHavoc Phantasmal Quasar

I love bacon

Bacon likes this.
  3. Highwayman

Highwayman Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for this information. I knew a lot but its the little bits of interesting information i did not know that really make me anticipate the game that much more.

Mushie and Bacon like this.
  4. Princess Cadence

Princess Cadence Pangalactic Porcupine

Jesus bacon what cant you do that's not good? This is amazing the one question I didn't have a answer for is now answered!

Bacon likes this.
  5. Jääkäri

Jääkäri Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh, this is a great list. Have a cookie ...Wait, let's make that two. :cookie::cookie:

Bacon likes this.
  6. thehammeredone

thehammeredone Void-Bound Voyager

Heyo, Bacon. Several times in the "Your Questions" thread now, people have asked about what engine the folks here at Chucklefish are using. You ought to add Kyren's information from this thread of the AMA:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...lefish_games_developers_of_indie_game/c9f5dy1
    to your OP. It mentions the libraries and everything they're using. I posted it in the "Your Questions" thread with explanations for good measure. Great work on this thread! Isn't this thing stickied yet? And congrats on 2000 very helpful posts!

Bacon likes this.
  7. Thank you, I don't needs such thing. When asked about "name of the engine" there isn't one, some DEVs do name them, or the framework they create, but far I know this is a normal C++ Engine... As the most of the games these days. :cautious:

XenPrime likes this.
  8. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

Risk of Rain was made with game maker and the Unreal Engine is popular too.

9. XenPrime

XenPrime Void-Bound Voyager

That's a lot of questions that people ask, i'm pretty sure that more want some answers but giving to much will just spoil the game.

Bacon likes this.
  10. 14sep98

14sep98 Astral Cartographer

what does he mean by dayz mode

11. budsygus

budsygus Pangalactic Porcupine

Wow, lots of thread necro recently. Um, something about zombies?

12. xboy777

xboy777 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't remember him saying anything about a DayZ mode but he did say multiplayer servers could be set up to be like DayZ how PvP is everywhere and you drop everything if you die.

13. 14sep98

he said a dayz mode were players make the rules

14. Hmmm he said "An optional DayZ style end game where players make the rules.".

I'm not sure what does it means, if it is something we have little info about it

15. 14sep98

I think he means zombie survival