11th November Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Ziggyfly27

Ziggyfly27 Master Chief

I would be fine with weekly updates as long as they are as substantial as this one. Poor Donament, she and her short, sad life story will always be in our hearts.

2. tbear59

tbear59 Subatomic Cosmonaut

PLEASE MAKE STORIES LIKE THIS EVERY FRIDAY UPDATE

Titanium likes this.
  3. Sherm0

Sherm0 Poptop Tamer

Such a pain for me when i see this while i cant play it. :cry::cry:

It looks so interesting.

4. R234

R234 Contact!

Yeah, it's cool. You can see it wasn't designed by Google (I swear every update they do to Youtube's interface I keep telling myself "that's it, they can't possibly do any worse". And every time I stand corrected.........)

5. xxApvxx

xxApvxx Void-Bound Voyager

Great Update thanks Molly. While the weekly/daily update isn't a huge thing to me I would have to say just put out an update when you have something to share like you always have:). They haven't been daily anyway and it would suck some fun out to see to much for sure. With only seven weeks left in the year sure limits how many times you have to make one of them too.

6. xxApvxx

xxApvxx Void-Bound Voyager

Definitely getting excited as I will be playing starbound inside the next seven weeks :)

7. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

In the 7th week*

Vampiz likes this.
  8. Idlemind

Idlemind Subatomic Cosmonaut

The monster art is just HORRIBLE, it seems to have somehow actually gotten worse. I know the random mob thing is a nice gimmick but come on, take off your rose tinted glasses and actually look at it.

Entirely my opinion, if you don't like it, I respect your opinion.

9. fredmay20

fredmay20 Phantasmal Quasar

whoa man, that was brutal :p

10. Cereto

Cereto Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree they are bad, but it's not THAT bad.
    We can probably mod that, and make a more selective... selection of bodyparts. I hope we can also mod which body part matches each in a way that it's still random but makes a little more sense. Or maybe exclusion lists, so we can define what body part will NOT be able to be in the same creature as another one. Like the Eggshell body robotlegs monster that someone mentioned before.

11. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I also make you remember that.
    It is a BETA.
    They can work a lot to better graphic...
    it is the last things to do in a game at my opinion...

namztis likes this.
  12. Frey Cloudseer

Frey Cloudseer Cosmic Narwhal

Am I the only one who saw the pose of the creatures and immediately thought of [​IMG]

steveduck2345 and Transhumanist like this.
  13. JFURY

JFURY Space Spelunker

Yea but for me it was the 11th probably since the developers are scattered across the world thats why.

14. Rjak

Rjak Star Wrangler

When i can start to "write" story of my life in starbound? :p

15. Prime262

Prime262 Void-Bound Voyager

while im not nearly as pessimistic about random mob generation, i feel like the dinosaur rabbit combo is kinda horrible looking.
    perhaps slightly more strict rules that make so combinations that make little or no sense aren't allowed?

Undead likes this.
  16. Godsire88

Godsire88 Big Damn Hero

The new Gltich Ships look simply amazing.

17. namztis

namztis Master Chief

I will name my character Beefjim or Baconjeff... such awesome names :proper:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    steveduck2345 likes this.
  18. UndividedKira

UndividedKira Void-Bound Voyager

this right here makes me fantasize about beta coming out this week or next week the heart feels molly

19. kainfury

kainfury Orbital Explorer

I agree with you. It is the lack of texturing and/or shading, especially on the body, that makes it, well, not that good.
    Also, I've noticed a lot of over-saturated colors on the monsters. This bright pink rabbit-like critter is a good example.Maybe the artists should tone the colors down so they can blend better in the environment…

I am not a pixel artist, but here is what i mean. I made a few modifications to the critter.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    Idlemind, namztis, bbq1040 and 4 others like this.
  20. GoldHypercurve

GoldHypercurve Void-Bound Voyager

That tree looks beautiful cant wait to explore the snow planets I just love the whole atmosphere of them