11 June Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 12, 2013.

1. S'now Face-Chamcham

S'now Face-Chamcham Master Chief

yeah i was confused about that too.

AdenSword likes this.
  2. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

Hey, they could buy/build an actual 3D printer and print some Starbound weapons in real life, and then sell them on the website.

Just an idea.

3. GamerToons

GamerToons Void-Bound Voyager

4. Karth

Karth Pangalactic Porcupine

Good to hear about all the progress!

As far as stagnation goes: There's plenty of indie titles that are the same sort of "ho hum" dreariness that has been done before. I generally purchase more indie titles than anything coming from a AAA studio. There's been a fair share of titles, both indie and AAA, where I've had serious cases of buyer's remorse less than an hour into the game because it was the same damn thing. With that said, I think sometimes the same old thing as far as a game goes is ok. It's more about how they wrap it up and present it to the player.

Admittedly though I'm weary of World War II era game #342769873426, high fantasy RPG #2134121298 and current-era game #432879328. Give me a good futuristic game with tons of re playability, and I won't be able to stop throwing money at the screen.

Oh wait, that's why I've pre-ordered Starbound :p

AdenSword likes this.
  5. Saiya Darkfire

Saiya Darkfire Industrial Terraformer

It's a lava planet you can see it throu the crack in the wall

Frodew and AdenSword like this.
  6. [S]miley

[S]miley Subatomic Cosmonaut

Very Nice C:

AdenSword likes this.
  7. Menasor

Menasor Phantasmal Quasar

The game is looking and sounding better day-by-day, I look forward to playing Starbound.

8. Sheerhatred

Sheerhatred Star Wrangler

If it's a lava planet, why the monster is getting the "burned" status? I mean, monsters living on a lava planet should be immune to fire :/ (This also discards the Nether/Hell idea, of course) I'm just assuming that it's a place really deep in a random planet xD

AdenSword likes this.
  9. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

i almost thought the poison bubble was shot BY the monster not coming from the monster cuz its poisoned

10. AdenSword

it looks like a volcano in the background so i think its a volcano biome

11. AdenSword

WE are humans why would we need to know lore about ourselves?

(jk)

12. AdenSword

"release in august also im trapped in mollys basment pleasesed help guys" is that what it says?

13. AdenSword

no its making recepies from the items themselves you can still craft stuff and find blueprints without using the 3D-printer (i think/hope)

14. Donseluke

Donseluke Phantasmal Quasar

I believe you are correct sir.

AdenSword likes this.
  15. Canopus

Canopus Zero Gravity Genie

..."Nude NPC's"...

A planet populated by Exhibition-arians will require the use of an advanced HazMat suit...why?

Use your imagination. Err, on second thought, don't.

16. FelixArk

FelixArk Master Chief

The status effects graphix are pretty nice. I like how it has both a graphical effect as well as text to let you know that your status is on-going. I don't know if this is the right place to post a question or two, but

• Will multiple status effects be applicable to one monster? EX: Is it possible to poison AND burn something? Would a burn ailment cancel a mob's ability to be frozen (if freeze is in the game?)
    • Will certain monsters be immune to certain status ailments? EX: Will a Toxic Bullfrog be immune to being poisoned? Will an Ice Bat be immune to freeze? Will a Molten Puppybear (wtf, inorite?) be immune to burning?
    • Could it be implemented that putting effects on some mobs actually heals them? Like, if you burn a Molten Puppybear, would it gain health instead of lose it for the duration of the burning ailment? ((While this possibility would kind of suck if you had a derp-head in your exploration group, I think it would be a really cool concept to put onto some boss mobs to make the fight more challenging.))

AdenSword likes this.
  17. AdenSword

.................................... rleally? REALLY? thats what you think huh Starbound has types of guns ive never seen anything like have you even watched the videos showing off the guns? they are more awesome than i thought before i watched the video there watch that and rethink what you said

[EDIT] skip the 2nd part of the vid that dosent relate to what im saying about the guns

RomyCat likes this.
  18. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

I take it this was somekind humor. Youre still naked under the underwear.

19. AdenSword

i thought i heard somewhere that it was

20. AdenSword

if you go to your profile page you should be able to see something called trophy points on the left side of the screen if you click on it it shows you how many trophy points you have you have a VERY rare title as you have to have excatly 117 points (i wanted to get it but now i posted enough times i have too many points xP) some of the trophies you get are for posting but others are for different things but if you get any more you will not be master cheif/spartan 117/jhon if you do not know who master chief is he is a guy in a ridiculously OP suit of futuristic armor in a Xbox game in the year like 2326 or something like that