1.1 Beta Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ConcernedApe, Sep 28, 2016.

1. TheMediocreMrRook

TheMediocreMrRook Pangalactic Porcupine

Summary of issue: Grass (animal food) not spreading on grass (terrain type)

Expected Behavior: Grass would grow and spread normally anywhere on the farm map

Actual Behavior: Grass only ever grows on the yellow dirt of the farm. It does not spread to the grassy areas from yellow dirt, and placing starter on the grass just leaves the base tufts that never grow.

Steps for Reproduction: Place grass starter on a grassy terrain area on the forest farm and wait a few days.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 7

• Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

there was a beta update for those who dont use reddit

• Price of Galaxy Dagger has been corrected to 35,000 (it was at 350,000)
      • The Artisan Perk description has been corrected to reflect the actual bonus (it's 40% now, but the description still says 50%)
      • Weeds in the Mutant Bug Lair no longer change with the season (and no longer turn to battery packs in the winter)
      • Mutant Bug Lair now replenishes itself a bit each day.
      • Monsters in the mutant bug lair will now always be mutant... not revert to the standard grub/fly after saving and reloading.
      • Meteorites can no longer land on top of stumps or boulders
      • You can once again place buildings in the little shaded strip right below cliffs.
      • Fixed some tiles on the farm maps
      • Fixed problem with forage spawning under stumps
      • Spring onions can be iridium quality with the botanist perk
      • Truffles should no longer spawn in the water
      • Pets should no longer be able to walk down the cellar stairs into the void.
      • The Outlaw boss in Journey Of The Prairie King will warp back to the center of the map if he happens to run too far off screen in either direction
      • Coop animals can now actually produce higher quality produce, like they were supposed to
      • All the new farms now provide some kind of fishing opportunity, although the Riverlands farm is still superior
      • The Riverlands farm now has the potential to spawn splashing fish nodes and ore panning nodes.
      • Can no longer fill your watering can at a well that isn't fully constructed.
      • Trees can no longer spread off the map into the void, causing the game to start getting slower with each day. The new patch will retroactively remove these problem trees as well.
      • You should now properly see the final Joja cutscene, even if you switched to JojaMart after completing most of the community center
      • You can place buildings on most grass areas
      • On the riverlands and forest maps, some bushes can be destroyed with an upgraded axe
      • Digging spots now appear on the Farm, although less frequent as elsewhere. The hill-top quarry also has a chance of spawning them.
      Thank fucking god for Ape, for added grass building (take that haters)

im gonna test fishing on the new maps to see what they add

im having this proplem too

Ape please lol

Edit; fishing in the Forest map, geting Pike and Perch (winter) its still alot of trash (like 50%) idk if its town fish or river fish yet still doing testing

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
      • Jarox

Jarox Intergalactic Tourist

I don't like that can't plant trees fruit off the farm!
        [​IMG]

• HarvestTroll

HarvestTroll Tentacle Wrangler

@Rainbow Dash : Thanks for the info, reopting for beta right away and staying there for now.

• loopdaloop

loopdaloop Space Spelunker

hello i think i found a bug.
            i remember taking water from the little water thingy in the green house but it seems like i can only get water from the right of the bowl and the left is unusable i think i remember using both.
            sorry for being so late

• Karaitika

Karaitika Intergalactic Tourist

Summary of issue: When talking to Haley, I accidentally right-clicked with the sword active, causing my character to block. The sword hung in the block position, even after I started moving around again.

Expected Behavior: Sword finishes animation and goes away.

Actual Behavior: Sword hangs in block position until game is paused or sword is used again.

Steps for Reproduction: Talk to NPC after swinging sword.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10

Attached Files:

• starrypawpads

starrypawpads Space Hobo

Summary of issue: when in windowed borderless mode, if you go on standby for too long and dont do anything the game will freeze

Expected Behavior: game resumes play when laptop is reopened

Actual Behavior: screen freezes but game continues running (can still run around, time passes, open and close menu, etc)

Steps for Reproduction: put game in windowed borderless mode, leave on standby for about 30 minuets, try to move mouse on screen

What Operating System are you using: windows 10 64 bit

• Nerdine42

Nerdine42 Lucky Number 13

While talking to people at the halloween festival, my cursor showed the present symbol, even though it wasn't possible to give someone a present.

Attached Files:

• Holonata

Holonata Void-Bound Voyager

I was told I should post this issue here, since I already made a bug report in the support section.

Before the 1.1 update, lightning had struck my peach tree and it fell and got destroyed. So I chopped the stump and went on with my game. Next day, I go outside and see that there is a peach floating where the tree would be, but no tree. I still was able to get the peach, so I never reported it. Now since the 1.1 update, I cannot get the peaches anymore but they are still showing up and the square where the tree is cannot be used at all, as if the tree is still there but it's invisible.

Here is a picture, so you can see what I am talking about:
                    [​IMG]

Not sure why this is happening tbh. I was told lightning was not supposed to destroy fruit trees, but before 1.1 it did and now I can't even get fruit from my invisible tree anymore lol and there is one space that is unusable now.

As you can see, I hoe'd out the area around where the tree is supposed to be and I can't dig up that square in the middle.

• HarvestTroll

HarvestTroll Tentacle Wrangler

Apparently the tree is supposed be damaged by lightning but not destroyed, it is supposed to come back to life a few days after, meanwhile it produces coal instead.
                      Had the same issue at release and chopped the tree to end up with floating collectable apples.

• Holonata

Holonata Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah. Unfortunately now with 1.1 there are floating peaches that I cannot even collect anymore and an invisible tree taking up it's own square.

• gozcan

gozcan Void-Bound Voyager

There is a problem with price of items shown or calculated.

I chose artisan skill just before daily sales screen and then the screen was showing 13 pale ales worth 5460 g. However the total was calculated just as I have never chosen artisan skill. (It took pale ale's price as 300g instead of 420g)

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Did you report this on the post 1.1 beta thread on reddit?

• qwlea

qwlea Space Hobo

Summary of issue: So far I have made it to Fall of the 2nd year, with little to no glitches--except the community center events. Every time that I finish a bundle and unlock one of the main rewards (minecarts, quarry, etc.), I'll go to bed and the game will crash right after the cutscene for it when it says "saving" at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. I just now got everything I needed to unlock the greenhouse, but unlike the other rewards, this one keeps on crashing after I sleep. I've restarted and done nothing but the bundle and gone straight to bed 3-4 times now, but it still hasn't worked

Expected Behavior: Wake up the next morning to my beautifully repaired greenhouse

Actual Behavior: Cry because the game actually just crashes over and over again when I try to sleep

Steps for Reproduction: Place an apricot and an apple in the "artisan goods" section of the greenhouse bundle, finishing the bundle. Run straight back home, go to bed.

What Operating System are you using: 64-bit Windows 7

Additional info: Here is a screenshot of the greenhouse scene

https://gyazo.com/0ac0149a50f46119cf3efcae9baa88a/

You can see a light to the left of it, but there is no actual light source that could be lighting up that space. I don't know if that could have something to do with the constant crashes, just something I noticed.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
                              • ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

I'm about to post another build to the beta branch that should fix this.

Venatio777 likes this.
                                • farmer scarlett

farmer scarlett Big Damn Hero

Summary of issue : When attempting to purchase either of the catalogues the game freezes up, I am able to still move the cursor and hover but the controls are unresponsive and I have to exit the game.

Expected Behavior : The purchase goes through and I now have a catalogue to order from @ home.

Actual Behavior : The game freezes if I try to buy a catalogue.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10

• Rezzo1971

Rezzo1971 Space Spelunker

I have not played for a good few days, is the update available for mainstreem download now?

• AmiMercury

AmiMercury Intergalactic Tourist

Summary of issue: Can't place items from inventory into bundle slots in the Blacksmith's Bundle.

Expected Behavior: That I can drag a copper, iron, or gold bar into the slots in the Blacksmith's Bundle and place them there.

Actual Behavior: When I try to place them in the slots, they won't go and I get the sound letting me know that doesn't work

Operating System: Windows 10

• scrptrx

scrptrx Void-Bound Voyager

Summary of issue: So, I don't know if you fixed the sunflower exploit, but now when I bump into one, I don't get any dropped seeds. When I pick one, I get 1 or 0 seeds...

Expected Behavior: Used to get like 300 seeds from a sunflower exploit, or like 3 or so when picked

Actual Behavior: I get 1 or 0 seeds when the sunflower is picked and none when bumping into it.

Operating System: Windows 10, steam, unmodded

• ohaimahk

ohaimahk Orbital Explorer

Hello! Just found a minor graphical glitch. Didn't see it posted anywhere yet.
                                          Summary of issue: In-game mouse graphic "tearing"

Expected Behavior: Mouse looks normal

Actual Behavior: Slight black lines appearing and disappearing at the right and bottom sides of the in-game mouse cursor's graphic "square." Appears to only happen (or at least is only really noticeable) when in menus.

Steps for Reproduction: Open any menu and move the in-game mouse cursor over the menu.

What Operating System are you using:
                                          Mac OS X 10.11.6
                                          ATI Radeon HD 4670