[1.0] Installing steam workshop mods on a server

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by PTTG, Jul 23, 2016.

1. PTTG

PTTG Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I'm trying to install a few steam workshop mods on a dedicated server, but I suspect that you knew that from the title. I've already found the files -- they're in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\211820" -- but do I need to change anything beyond copying the files? Where should I look for troubleshooting information?

Thanks.

2. Revv

Revv Scruffy Nerf-Herder

We spent some time trying to figure this out the other night, what we did in the end was moved the mod files into the starbound/mods folder and rename the files because they are all named the same. Don't just copy them there but MOVE so cut, paste or you will get a assets mismatch

3. paralipsis

paralipsis Orbital Explorer

I might consider doing this, but it's a very messy solution.

I'd like to know from the devs if there's a solution in the works that will allow the server exe to access the Workshop-subscribed mods directly.

One of the reasons that I use Steam Workshop for mods when I can is that it handles updates automatically. When we are talking about a game being played on multiple PCs in a server/client configuration that auto-update functionality is doubly useful.