1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Plasma Turret 1.1

Makes the standard turret much cooler and more useful!

1. Archer
    MOD IS NOT FUNCTIONAL ATM, IT WILL CRASH, WILL FIX LATER : P

Another rather simple mod, this will make the turret much more useful in later tiers... And most importantly, it will make it much MUCH cooler :)

In this mod, turrets will shoot green plasma, along with receiving a new firing sound so the turret doesn't sound like a plastic toy anymore. Also, some of its behavior and ranges have been changed.

[​IMG]

Since turrets in this mod are much more lethal than the default ones, I had to adjust the crafting recipes for balance purposes, please tell me how I can balance it further.

Recipe
    -2 Laser diodes (instead of 1)
    -1 Circuit board
    -8 Platinum bars (instead of 5)
    -850 Pixels (instead of 500)

3D Printer
    -1500 Pixels (instead of 1) (375 Scan cost)

Also, when you break them they drop as themselves rather than breaking apart in diodes and circuit boards, that didn't make sense in the first place... Why would somebody destroy his turret in order to place it somewhere else :p

Compatibility
    This mod is compatible with anything that doesn't adjust turrets or their recipe:
    -standingturret.object
    -standingturret.recipe

The turret itself also works on servers once installed there (clients do not need the mod), although the crafting recipes will remain unaltered.

Installation
    Just unpack in your mods folder, make sure you don't put the .zip in the mods folder or it won't work...

For quick testing, install this mod in exact the same way: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51891186/Tutorial.zip

Then start a new character and he will receive a standing turret as soon as you pick up the matter manipulator. I will be providing this "shortcut" separately for each of my future mods.

Future plans
    -Improving long range aiming capabilities
    -Improving Balance
    -Perhaps finding a way to add a (server-friendly) muzzle flash
    -A whole range of different turrets with different appearances shooting different things! (new mod though in that case):)

Enjoy the lightshows at night and tell me how I can improve the mod!

This mod can be found active and in upgraded form on the windoom.com server (visit (and register at) www.windoom.com for the password), I will soon put the version we're using there on here as update + fix.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. HamDemon
    HamDemon
    4/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Very helpful little mod here that's working wonders keeping the skies of my settlement clear. The only problem is that the turrets still seem to aggro against my merchants and guards.
    1. Archer
      Author's Response
      Please redownload the latest version of the mod, make sure you are using it as well. Bullets can still hurt your NPCs, but they will not be targeted anymore.
  2. lordroy
    lordroy
    4/5,
    Version: 1.0
    This actually makes the turrets useful, however, there should be a number of them that can be made at different levels. Maybe from MK1 to MK4 (with each getting a better power supply, coal, uranium rods, plutonium rods, solarium rods... etc)
    1. Archer
      Author's Response
      I will do that in a separate mod, thing is, this is almost works fully on servers as well besides the recipe, and I'd like to keep it like that for now :P
  3. Damiano de' Caretti
    Damiano de' Caretti
    4/5,
    Nice indeed,but...can we do a turret that doesn't hurt N.P.C.s?
    1. Archer
      Author's Response
      Fixed that now, redownload please :)
  4. naithaan
    naithaan
    5/5,
    awesome definately needs to be added to the game