1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Instrumental Headstart 2.1

Give all currently available instruments to newly created characters.

1. curiouslyExistential
    SYNOPSIS

Do you like to convert a lot of songs into .ABC format? Do you just want to have all the instruments, for testing?

Perhaps, you may simply want the instruments to enjoy your songs to the fullest.

In either of these situations, it's extremely tedious to actually find every instrument that this game has to offer. So, this mod simply places them all into the ship locker when you generate a new character. No hassle, to enjoy the songs you love.

INSTALL INFO

This is a standard starbound mod. Open the .zip, and drag the folder inside to the Starbound/mods folder.

Please note, due to the nature of how this works, previously created characters will not benefit from this mod. Only newly created ones will. Please keep this in mind.

SPECIAL THANKS

Kawa - Saved my ass a couple times when dealing with strange errors. Major props to them.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    DiscordedDiscord likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. badboy_zay
    badboy_zay
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1
    don't know what people have been complaining about. mod works great for me (unstable winter update)
  2. AlexQuinn13
    AlexQuinn13
    1/5,
    Version: 2.1
    Didn't work for me, but will try a few things.
    1. curiouslyExistential
      Author's Response
      Reminder that this only works in the UNSTABLE build. And that you have to create a new character for it to do anything.
  3. Hobean
    Hobean
    1/5,
    Version: 2.0
    Get it working on non-nightly, I got excited at first only to be disappointed when I created a new character. I also didn't take the time to read the notice at the top of the web page stating it only worked in the nightly version.
    1. curiouslyExistential
      Author's Response
      The nightly branch at the time of pushing the 2.0 update introduced several improvements to json merging behaviour that made this mod possible in the first place (such improvements are now in Unstable). Former __merge functions were unsuitable for mods that needed to alter the ship locker. Cannot make it compatible with the Stable branch until that branch gets an update. That's how it's gotta be, I'm afraid.
  4. MylesH55
    MylesH55
    1/5,
    Version: 1.2a
    It simply does not work.
  5. Alsehr
    Alsehr
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    A fantastic mod, helps me test my music without a lot of fuss.
  6. Jimlad 42
    Jimlad 42
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    A nice mod, I needed all these instruments to play the song of my people. (A war song.)
  7. Kaguya The NEET
    Kaguya The NEET
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    This mod will save me a lot of time when the wipe arrives. I usually upload a lot of ABC files myself and I find it a hassle to retrieve all my instruments again. With this mod, I can continue to test my songs out without having to start from scratch. Thanks!
  8. Zoracio
    Zoracio
    5/5,
    Really nice Mod ! For Music lover ahah
  9. Relinies
    Relinies
    5/5,
    It works, I like.