Comments on Profile Post by Jonesy

1. HedgeFlanders
    HedgeFlanders
    To be honest I actually started reading it because of how many people were saying Apex were based on it. Now that I've started reading it I LOVE it! After reading the new Starbound Chronicle I decided that I am absolutely without a doubt playing as Apex.
    Nov 4, 2013
  2. Jonesy
    Jonesy
    I was planning on playing as the Apex for a long time, and I had some knowledge of 1984 before I even heard of Starbound. But I like being able to see the similarities after I read the book.

Speaking of which, how far in are you?
    Nov 4, 2013
  3. HedgeFlanders
    HedgeFlanders
    Not too far. School and work stop me sometimes and I also just opened a server on Garrys Mod so I've been coding a lot which leaves less time to read. I really like the book but I just don't have a ton of time to read.
    Nov 4, 2013
  4. HedgeFlanders
    HedgeFlanders
    I'd tell you the specific page but I left it in my car.
    Nov 4, 2013
  5. Jonesy
    Jonesy
    No worries. I was just going to say, there's a very good chapter later in the story that mostly consists of a couple of chapters from Goldstein's book. It's fascinating reading, and explains the history of the three powers quite well.
    Nov 4, 2013
  6. HedgeFlanders
    HedgeFlanders
    The first few chapters were fairly boring in my opinion. It was like 100 pages of Winstons daily life and nothing more. Later chapters, however, are fairly interesting.
    Nov 4, 2013