Comments on Profile Post by Xylia

1. Xylia
    Xylia
    ...or even dragon-kin, draconians, etc. There just ain't enough of them around.
    Sep 25, 2016
    Firebird Zoom and MilkCalf like this.
  2. Crossfang
    Crossfang
    More ? Is there a jrpg game right now that portrays a dragon as the protagonist?
    Sep 25, 2016
    Firebird Zoom and Snow_Blaze like this.
  3. Crossfang
    Crossfang
    Hmmm... I guess there is a game I heard before that can be considered as one..It's Emerald Dragon. Never played the game though.. but people say it's one of the underated games.
    Sep 25, 2016
  4. Xylia
    Xylia
    Well, there are kinda-sorta... there's Breath of Fire, where you got "people" who can change their bodies into dragons (yes, even in combat), and I know I'm failing to remember others.
    Sep 25, 2016
  5. Crossfang
    Crossfang
    I bet most of them are played on PS2.. or made exclusively for Japan.
    Sep 25, 2016
    Firebird Zoom likes this.
  6. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    In Divinity II you become a Dragon Knight that can transform into a dragon. It wasn't that good of a game. The dragon can't land, use melee attacks or fight anything the human form could.
    Sep 25, 2016
  7. Crossfang
    Crossfang
    Then it's a handicapped dragon. xD
    Sep 25, 2016
  8. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    It had potential and a solid plot but the dragon aspect feels forced. The two forms do entirely different things and it forces you to akwardly flipflop between them. Plus the combat is unfairly hard. Too many things are stat based so you can't really avoid attacks either.
    Sep 25, 2016
  9. Xylia
    Xylia
    It sounds like some developers are too afraid to allow the player to kick butt now-and-then. Too many developers think that "balls to the walls hard" is the only way to have fun. I've played many games of lesser challenge and found them reasonably fun.
    Sep 25, 2016
  10. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    A good combat system needs two things. Health loss only happens because the player made a mistake and balance between risk and reward. Your difficulty level should have the leeniensy for players to choose batween dangerous but more rewarding decisions and easy but not as rewarding decisions...
    Sep 25, 2016
  11. Xylia
    Xylia
    Lol, define "mistake". Sometimes it's a mistake to buy/play a game. But yeah, jokes aside, ideally that would be the case. Though let's not forget, that you can't have a margin of error so tiny that the game expects you to be perfect.
    Sep 25, 2016
  12. Xylia
    Xylia
    Then we get something like IWBTG or something ludicrous like that where the tiniest mistake means you die.
    Sep 25, 2016
  13. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    Shadow of Mordor gives you free reign to pursue an Uruk of what ever level you want with as much info about said Uruk as you want with what ever mount, environment object or weapon you want. (This comment was supposed to be a part my previous comment)
    Sep 25, 2016
  14. Megumin
    Megumin
    Skyrim?
    Sep 29, 2016
  15. Xylia
    Xylia
    *notes I said playable*
    Sep 29, 2016
  16. Megumin
    Megumin
    it has mod on Dragon race
    Sep 29, 2016
  17. Xylia
    Xylia
    Ahh, I never messed with mods much with that game.
    Sep 30, 2016
  18. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    I know that mod. It's cool but requires the flying mod to be able to fly.
    Sep 30, 2016
  19. Lodish
    Lodish
    J-RPG? Dragons? Disgaea 2.
    My strongest character is a dragon, and oh boy, he kicks asses.
    Oct 26, 2016
  20. Xylia
    Xylia
    I've loosely heard of Disgaea, but don't know anything about it. What console is that for?
    Oct 26, 2016
  21. Lodish
    Lodish
    It depends, there are Disgaea games on PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP
    Oct 26, 2016
  22. Xylia
    Xylia
    The only one of those I have is a PS2... and well a PSP emulator lol.
    Oct 26, 2016
    Firebird Zoom and Lodish like this.
  23. Jareix Cryvix
    Jareix Cryvix
    (late to the party, I know)
    Can't deny... If the mechanics and such were to be constructed and designed in a way that would warrant a need for the character to be draconian, it'd probably turn out both good, and not (as) panned for catering...
    Nov 5, 2016
  24. Kaede Grimwater
    Kaede Grimwater
    "there's Breath of Fire"
    I was gonna bring that one up, but I guess you already knew. I only know Breath of Fire3 and Breath of Fire 4 though.
    Nov 5, 2016
  25. Xylia
    Xylia
    You should grab an emulator and try #1 sometime. #2 is kinda 'eh', it isn't as good in some ways IMO, but some people like it. Definitely #1 though. The Hero is way more powerful (or overpowered if you know what you're doing).
    Nov 5, 2016
  26. Kaede Grimwater
    Kaede Grimwater
    I will keep that in mind. Breath of Fire is a really neat series.
    Nov 5, 2016
  27. Xylia
    Xylia
    It's a SNES game, forgot to add that. It's easy to find a SNES emulator that should work nicely on most of today's computers.
    Nov 5, 2016
  28. Kaede Grimwater
    Kaede Grimwater
    Being a SNES game makes it even more interesting.
    Nov 5, 2016
  29. Jareix Cryvix
    Jareix Cryvix
    In my opinion, the best dragon centric game I've ever played is actually a mod. Guncaster, for GZDoom. It's seriously awesome. If you're up for the challenge of a doom game with the fantastic power of pillowblaster'a moss, I highly recommend checking it out. It's free too. I recommend playing it with the Hexen IWAD.
    Nov 5, 2016
  30. Xylia
    Xylia
    @Kaede Grimwater : It's a little slow and grindy at times, and sometimes you'll come across a boss that is rather difficult until you grind some, but then a lot of older JRPGs were like that. I'll give you a beginner's tip tho: Use the E-Key as an item in battle.
    Nov 5, 2016
  31. Xylia
    Xylia
    Or any other weapon/armor/etc that isn't greyed out when selecting the item command. Some of them produce awesome effects and you might not wanna sell something until you find out what it does in battle first.
    Nov 5, 2016
    Firebird Zoom and Jareix Cryvix like this.