RELEASED SmoothFarm | General cleanup & farm map overhauls. Lots of choices to choose from.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Cardinite, Mar 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TyranniWrex

TyranniWrex Space Spelunker

Hey, cardinite, I'm still in 1.06, and in the canyon A map, no lakes/ponds etc, and with the mailbox in the original default place, what about the dog bowl? It shows up embedded one tile into the wall. Is there anyway to fix this, or can I fix it? I like my pet, just this minor thing is an annoyance. Thanks!

• Goldenrevolver

Goldenrevolver Astral Cartographer

that is a known bug where if u have a spouse and she files the bowl with water it will reappear. that is because cardinite simply changes the farm map xnb file, but the filed dog bowl gets triggered by the game itself when that method is called that the spouse (or you if u get into that wall) fills the bowl the tile will get changed. the position as that is hard coded to be the original coordinate of the bowl and as this is a simple xnb replacer mod he had no intention on changing that i think. its a very minor issue imo and as i dont have a spouse in any of my playthroughs i have not tested if u can give that tile a higher priority than the filled bowl; maybe he already tested it. thats all i know

• Cardinite

Cardinite Industrial Terraformer

As Goldenrevolver said, this is a known issue with the Canyon map variations. Currently, the unwatered dog bowl can be removed from the map but the location of the watered dog bowl is hardcoded and will reappear where the original bowl was (in this case, inside the cliffs) when your spouse fills the bowl. As far as I know the only way to fix this right now is to replace the watered dog bowl sprite in the outdoors tilesheets with transparent tiles to hide it entirely. There are one or two "live map editor" mods in the works right now - once those are released you could try modifying the pet tiles yourself ingame without having to resort to an external map editor like tIDE. I'll look into this issue again when I get the chance but I can't promise much - this has been a problem for me too since creating the original canyon map. :slowpoke:

• bohemianrhapsody

bohemianrhapsody Void-Bound Voyager

bro i realy thankful for your mod , this is awesome , but can you add fish in the lake at the oasis map ?

• TyranniWrex

TyranniWrex Space Spelunker

Ah, I understand. Makes sense. It seems to appear and disappear at random, so I can deal with it as long as it is just visual. So far so good, with canyon A, no bugs, no crashing and no crop movement issues. :D

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There is a fish culture mod in production that makes fishing on the farm possible. I have not played with it but people seem to really like it. SMAPI is required because adding fish to the game is a process that is more involved than tiles.

• kitsunespirit

kitsunespirit Cosmic Narwhal

Your mediafire links seem to be broken, tried Oasis and the farm with two lakes moved to the bottom corners.

Nevermind, it was downloading, it just gave no indication...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
                • bohemianrhapsody

bohemianrhapsody Void-Bound Voyager

i have tried that mod , and that oasis isnt support for that ._.

• dintern

dintern Astral Cartographer

This looks awesome!

I was wondering if you could make a vanilla map but with the Oasis pond? It would also be great if you could remove the greenhouse grass from the map.

• Faythe

Faythe Pangalactic Porcupine

I can verify that the smoothfarm canyon a causes the issue with crops for 1.07. I started a new game created a character. Second day crops were fine until I exited the game zipped up the save and came back in. Could no longer run through the crops. When I loaded the game with the SMAPI 0.40.0 it was listed as: Failed to call base method: UpdateCharacters
                      When I started the game without the API loaded it just CTD as soon as I tried to walk through the crops. SmoothFarm Canyon A was the only file I changed after I restored the integrity through Steam. Here is the save if you want to try it.

I also tried it with SmoothFarm Sandbox and got the same error, however Tidy does not cause the error. I am going to test the same save over the other options you have. I checked all the canyons (a through d) and the oasis they each have the same error.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
                        Cardinite likes this.
                      • barfyscorpion

barfyscorpion Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey there. Question, because you rock at dealing with the farm map in tIDE -- Let's say I wanted a farm that was like 80% grass, could I make the grass till-able somehow? I hate the look of this barren, orange field and am thinking of doing a simple map edit that replaces most of it with grass, with some dirt paths and dirt where grass would not be possible such as tiles that require dirt around 'em. I'm a novice with tIDE but can probably do this myself with a bit more info.

Cheers, these are some cool map edits.

• Cardinite

Cardinite Industrial Terraformer

Thanks so much for testing this out. Honestly, I still have no idea what's causing it so sadly there won't be a fix coming unless another map editor figures it out somehow. I have no idea how to work with the game code so there's nothing I can do on my end.

Not as far as I know - but you could try editing the tilesheet itself and replace the dirt texture with grass? The Yellow Dirt Removal mod would replace all the dirt with grass and you could try editing the gravel path to look more like dirt for those patches of dirt you're looking for.

tIDE is limited in that you can only really copy & paste what already exists in the game - if grass tiles aren't coded as tillable then tIDE can't do much to work around it. You MIGHT be able to right click a dirt tile, open the animation menu and replace the dirt frames with grass tiles, then copy & paste that everywhere you want "tillable "grass"" on your farm, but I've never done this before and have no idea what kind of problems it would cause. It would mean that grass suddenly becomes an ugly square dirt tile when tilled, and you'd have to animate all the dirt-to-grass border tiles individually too. If you're desperate enough it could work with some trickery!

• BoffoBoy

BoffoBoy Existential Complex

Near as I can tell messing with my Sanitized Farm map (sorry, it was ultimately easier just to change it myself from the stock farm map mate) 'tillable' and 'watersource' on outdoor flagged maps are not done by tile property but rather hard-coded by Tile ID (position) on the outdoors tilesheets.

Keep in mind a 'simple' make grass tillable mod would really be a re-texture of the existing soil tiles perpetrated though all 4 seasons. Fun fun!

• barfyscorpion

barfyscorpion Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds like too much darn work! :DD I'll have to figure out something else for my design, then. Thanks for your help, and BoffoBoy I love all your work, hope everything is well.

BoffoBoy likes this.
                              • sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

So it turns it out the grass tile mod from the nexus makes the Oasis' north path looks kind of bad.
                                [​IMG]

For anyone interested, I popped open the Oasis map and cleared the north path up a little so that it looks better if you use the grass tile mod from the nexus. I also put the mailbox back to its original position though as that was a personal pref of mine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
                                • endermaryn

It is the end of fall and I felt it was time to show off the map you made me. It looks amazing!

Pink trees, perma flowers, lake in the bottom left, etc... Simply divine!

It may look a little familiar. I was heavily inspired by your farm.

If the image is not viewable, this is the clickable link.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2016
                                    MayaMayhem likes this.
                                  • mushfae

mushfae Pangalactic Porcupine

I have a question, I'm working on my own map edit and I'm trying to move the shipping box but I can't seem to figure out how to move the lid? It just ends up looking like this:
                                    [​IMG]

• endermaryn

I tried looking into it to see if I could help you but I couldn't even find the shipping lid. Just the box o_O

I hope you can figure it out or that there is someone that may have an answer :)

• mushfae

mushfae Pangalactic Porcupine

yeah i don't think that it's part of the farm file because I've noticed that the little bubble that appears above the mailbox when you have mail is also in the wrong place. I'm going to do some investigating !

• XxhexerxX

XxhexerxX Phantasmal Quasar

I'm pretty sure I've read something about the mail notification bubble & shipping lid's position is coded but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
                                          Also, I'm curious if your dog/cat actually spawns at the position you've placed their food bowl or it's just there for aesthetic reason because the bowl location & spawn point is supposed to be coded too.