1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Zoom Level 1× Option

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Treadlight, Dec 5, 2013.

?

????

1. Yes

94.1%
  2. Not Yes

5.9%
  1. Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Basically, allow for a 1× zoom level. I don't quite get why you can increase it above 2×, but not below. I'm not asking for anything silly, like a decimal, just a 1× zoom level option.

2. PoisonZO

PoisonZO Astral Cartographer

Are you saying that you really need a lower zoom or that they can just rename 2x to 1x and so on? I don't have an issue with the zoom levels so it doesn't matter to me either way.

3. KatoHearts

KatoHearts Void-Bound Voyager

Already in but you have to edit the config file.

4. Treadlight

Need a lower zoom. Renaming 2× to 1× would be lying.
    As is usually the case with these sorts of things. I'm sure you know what I meant.

5. KatoHearts

KatoHearts Void-Bound Voyager

Okay how about this. It exists but isn't ready for major implementation yet. You can see the world load and it's laggy as hell at the moment. It's pretty though.

6. PoisonZO

PoisonZO Astral Cartographer

Renaming 2x to 1x isn't lying really. Zoom levels are relative to some starting point. Since there currently isn't a set starting point then they could just make the current 2x be the lowest available and name it 1x.

I'm not saying they should do it I'm just saying there isn't "lying" when talking about a relative value.

7. AlliedKhajiit

AlliedKhajiit Void-Bound Voyager

Just edit the config file. I didn't quite like 2x, and I thought 3x was too close, so I went to 2.4x. Works great for me.

8. Treadlight

Except it's a multiplication of pixel size. If 1× displayed 2× sized pixels, a lot of people would be confused.