Zombie Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Alvin Flummox, May 23, 2012.

1. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Phantasmal Quasar

Not necessarily a bad thing though, Day Z, LFD2, and HL are all amazing games.

2. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Staying on topic is too mainstream
    Will do :catface2:

3. Bobbunny

Bobbunny Space Hobo

Suggestion for a Zombie (Didn;t read the 7 pages)
    Gunner - Has a nifty little pistol and takes pot shots with it.

Assault Gunner - Big brother came in with an automatic rifle.

Commando - Great. Now they have grenades.

4. Tristamid

Tristamid Void-Bound Voyager

I will say, as an avid zombie fan I support this wholeheartedly, and that I think it will be a wonderful addition to the game if implemented. I will also say that I would love to see other enemies available for this mode. Simply put, Mass Effect 3 has proved to me that fighting mass mobs is a lot more interesting and less state when you can mix up what mobs you fight. Having the choice between "zombies", soldiers, and mechs made a huge difference for that game, and it would for this one too.

P.S: I didn't read through this thread, as I do not have the time. Apologies in advance.

5. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

Sorry for the tremendous bump, but updated and re-organised again! And hopefully some more to come soon

6. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

Uhh sorry for offtopic, but page 1 of this thread is malware-ified according to Chrome, idk if false positive.

Straw Hat likes this.
  7. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

It gives the same error to me too, weird.

8. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would see as a good cooperative multiplayer mode for secondary maybe vary from time to time

9. Alvin Flummox

Yeah I got that too. Haven't been here in a while, and it was fine before. The only thing not on this forum is the pictures, but they're all hosted on imgur so I cant think why it would be that. I'm guessing there's no way to get it unmalware-ified either :/ Anyone that knows more about this care to enlighten me?

Edit: Seems to have stopped for me. Is anyone on chrome still getting it?

10. Nem3sis

Nem3sis Void-Bound Voyager

THIS MUST SO BE IN THE OFFICIAL RELEASE......
    I like your idea of a zombie event,and also as Kamoda said,it should be an event.

11. FrozenFlame

Alright it's gone. Strange... there must be some kind of activity going on. Keep an eye out Chucklefish Team

12. Alvin Flummox

It got deleted for a bit too but seems to be back now... Im so confused. Hopefully that's it over with! :S

Cheers :) Yeah I was thinking either an event or a separate little mode you can activate. It might be a bit long for just a random event, and also annoy people that wouldn't want to play this way, or against zombies.

13. Qader

Qader Void-Bound Voyager

Since there are a lot of Human zombie models, maybe this could be an easter egg for Earth? As there is nothing more convenient that a race obsessed with zombies being over run with them in the future. The character could go to Earth for a med-high tier mission and find it infested with zombies.

14. Manry

Manry Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe there can be zombie asteroids...

15. FrozenFlame

Wouldn't they be eradicated upon reaching the surface?

16. Arkax

Arkax Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's a really cool idea!
    Would be great if a zombie bite you,you have certain ammount of time to use an medicine to heal,
    and if you can't heal in this time you slowy start to becoming a zombie

17. Manry

Manry Void-Bound Voyager

I don't quite understand your question.

18. FrozenFlame

Sorry, what I meant was, won't they die once they hit the ground.

19. Manry

Manry Void-Bound Voyager

Oh I was thinking like an asteroid you land on where there are zombies, like the pvp asteroids.

20. stuman94

stuman94 Tentacle Wrangler

This sounds pretty great! I think most games should have a zombie mode (regardless of genre) however, looking at your sprites there's a large diversity but most still look incredibly human and not so alien :/ look more at DeadSpace and Resident Evil and few of the more SciFi Esq Zombie games. any who other than that maybe put a cap on the different types of zombies and look more at what a few zombie types can do in massive numbers, perhaps game mechanics involving doors and barricades and world zombie limits, perhaps think of what a derelict ship floating through space with a load of zombies on board could do if it crashed into yours, or even a zombie floating aimlessly through space after getting ejected out of an airlock might bite one of your crew during a space walk! Maybe read WarZ think of the Geo-Politics involved in containing and eliminating the threat, with the lowest loss of life of course (not entirely excluding the Idea of orbital bombardment yet!). Have fun zombie slaying brother!