Zombie Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Alvin Flummox, May 23, 2012.

1. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

Zombies do not seem to fit in the game proper yeah. (Maybe a world that was victim to some zombie plague?)
    But as a side one, that bears no plot resemblance to Starbound, it would not need to.

2. Chittebengo

Chittebengo Void-Bound Voyager

That distress signal you went to investigate? Yeah, she was telling you to stay away and now your ship is ruined and the crew is dead. Game over man, game over.

3. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Why don't you guys get this. This game could have anything in it. That means that you could have a penguin planet, or a dragon, or anything you want. are zombies a stretch? Wouldn't you love to kill zombies with grenades, lasers, guns, spikes, and swords?

4. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

Wow, you really went in depth with this :)
    This seems like a great idea, maybe having zombie filled planets... crash landing on one as a story mission, having to fight your way to your ship to escape

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

Not really, and yeah, it CAN have everything, but we do not know how much liberties the devs plan to take, penguins exist, dragons while mythical, have some logic behind them.
    Zombies? Not so much, at least when talking about ones that are actually dead and reanimated, logic falls in every aspect.
    NOW, if it was the other turn, the mind damaging/controlling one that attacks living people, some scientists have considered that a mutated virus of rabies would basically be a zombie plague. THAT I think can be added without the debate of wherever it is realistic enough or not.

The underlaying point in all this of course, is that the devs do as they please, and I will play this game, zombies or not, unicorn penguins or not. :rofl:

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  6. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

Plot resemblance? You realize that the plot in Starbound is going to be a very broad thing, right? I would even go so far as to say multiple plots?
    I think zombies fit in just as well as everything else in the game...

7. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

*cough* plot of Alien *cough* :D

Let just agree to disagree about whether you like zombies in the game or not guys. As I suggested before if you don't like them being in the game everytime you see the word zombie replace it with Rabid Lemur Babies and be happy ;)

8. Tower07

Tower07 Void-Bound Voyager

Or penguins!

9. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

I have said such, and I am sure there is no need to play my broken record. :p

As for the multiple plotlines? I hope this can be true, but all I have heard is that the game revolves around your planet being attacked/destroyed, nothing more.
    And apparently this holds true for all races.
    Again, hopefully they add varying ones, which actually have impact in gameplay at that, not just some lore backstory that all lead to us stranded on the station and from there do the same thing. :D

Alvin Flummox likes this.
  10. Irrelephant

Irrelephant Big Damn Hero

I love all of it, especially the sprites. They really fit in with the sprites we've already seen for the game

11. Alvin Flummox

Cheers :) Hopefully I'll have some more up soonish!

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  12. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

Agreed, they have a real similar look, would have said they were official if I did not knew better. :p

13. Alvin Flummox

Thanks a lot! Glad people like them :)

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

You are welcome. :p

15. Alvin Flummox

Few more new sprites :)

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

Pretty good, and I can see myself trembling as they approach my base. 'GET AWAY FROM ME MONSTERS! DX'

17. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

I really like this idea and think it should be added. And I like your sprites. 4 friendly zombies for you. :zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie: and a cookie or two. :cookie::cookie:

Alvin Flummox likes this.
  18. VoiZZofAbyZZ

VoiZZofAbyZZ Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh how i would like to help you doing this as a mod when the game is out but i don't think i'm good enough at coding for it:cry:

19. Alvin Flummox

Added a couple more zombie types. I'll hopefully get round to doing a few more new sprites soon.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

Have you considered volunteering to make sprites for the actual game? :rofl:

Tower07 likes this.