Zombie Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Alvin Flummox, May 23, 2012.

1. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Well, a mode would work too, and it would be easier for people to use. all you have to do is not select zombie survival mode and you have normal game play, or ZSM for ZSM game play.

2. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

Either way would be awesome hehe! A proper mode would be better just because it would involve less effort :p But a mod would be equally good. Didn't really think about that though, just wanted to share the idea really!

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  3. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

A mode would be easier since we would not have to code it, but mods can be improved with what we want, the official game not so much.

4. Chittebengo

Chittebengo Void-Bound Voyager

I don't dislike the idea of certain planets being overtly hostile in a corruption kind of sense that you see with zombie, nanotech, fungus et cetera.

5. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

The corruption... as long as it stays in one planet (unless I move a bit elsewhere) I am fine.

6. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

I think my favorite part of this idea is the insane amount of detail you put into this. You deserve a lot more attention for this than you already have.

For one thing, I love the idea of a zombie survival mode, especially one where there's an added element of realism. I'd always wanted to do something similar in Terraria, and if this gets in game, I'd do this a lot.

Like I said, I love the time you put into this, and hope it gets put into the game.

Alvin Flummox and Jimlad 42 like this.
  7. Alvin Flummox

Thanks a lot :) Glad people seem to be enjoying reading it! I've been meaning to add a bit more to it too but I've been a bit busy, hopefully I'll have some time soon. I do sort of agree with the people saying zombies are over used but I think this would be sufficiently different to anything else out there. I would try and make it myself but alas I'd have no idea where to start...

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. Alvin Flummox

Updated with a few sprites :)

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. Tower07

Tower07 Void-Bound Voyager

How about instead of zombies, PENGUINS! :DD

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  10. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

I say third option, Zombie Penguins!

11. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

I have nothing other to say then two things.
    1) this sounds pretty cool, would make an awesome extra game mode.
    2) add VR pods on the ship in arcade format with different mini-games like this one. (even futuristic people struggling for survival gotta play sometimes)

12. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

A mini game would not cut it, mini games are that, mini games, this is if anything a full blown mode, or one big mod.
    If it was simplified so much to be a mini game, it might not be the same. :S

Alvin Flummox likes this.
  13. Alvin Flummox

Added a few more sprites :)

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. TehEpikMonk

These sprites are amazing. Do you make them yourself?

15. Tower07

You know, if you found a developer to work with you might be able to work this into a full game...
    Like Wiremod for Minecraft. Started as a simple mod and ended up a game of its own.

TehEpikMonk likes this.
  16. TehEpikMonk

I thoroughly agree with this notion.

17. Alvin Flummox

Thanks! Yeah, haven't really made any sprites in a long time, got some free time at the moment though so thought I'd liven it up a bit :) I'm trying to resist the urge to get too carried away drawing different versions of the zombies lol. Hopefully be adding some more soonish but done for tonight I think!
    Feel free to send anyone my way if you know of anyone! I wouldn't really know where to start! I'd love to do something with this though if I could.

18. Eldian

Eldian Cosmic Narwhal

I would certainly play it, as I already said, Zombies are not my thing, but if the survival part is this interesting, I can make exceptions. :p

19. Flixfox

Flixfox Big Damn Hero

I think a zombie mode would be pretty cool and maybe you would have to unlock it and then unlock more waves kinda like a mini-game so there doesnt have to be zombies in the actually game

LordChickenMan likes this.
  20. Tower07

I don't know where you would look to find a partner, but if your serious about it you should look around and find out.