You cant beat everything.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Sarzael, Oct 18, 2012.

1. SmoothGuy

SmoothGuy Phantasmal Quasar

I bet he meant "You cant beat everything alone" I dont like games that makes you think you can do and kill everything you just want,but on other side,you can,but make your way to it
    Game should bring some challange,not just throw you rotten wood under the legs and say "Crush it" thats not even a game anymore but rated as "casual" that is what everyone can beat
    Starbound is not Casual,starbound is 2D platformer with Scifi-Adventure thematics

casual games:
    -Super mario kart racing
    -Call of Duty

ArmouredPixie likes this.
  2. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Eh what?

3. vALextreme

vALextreme Tentacle Wrangler

YES! we want it! :) good idea mate,i hope it will be in the game.

4. aceofheartsu

aceofheartsu Void-Bound Voyager

I really like this idea, I hope the game will be very challenging and not too hand-holdy. That's what I loved about Terraria, it didn't tell you anything, but you were able to figure things out. If you walked to a bench holding the right things, you'd get new stuff, you didn't have to search up patterns for crafting online, but it still gave you new, cool items.

5. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

I'd love to see a "We're gonna need a bigger gun." moment from an early supermob. Though if it's something that you can't get away from, it'd be annoying. Eldritch horrors in the depths, perhaps some reclusive "dragon" that you really shouldn't piss off. Or a city defender that will enforce the law if you break it in a certain city/town.

TTCBuilder likes this.
  6. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ive always liked the idea of not being able to win every fight.
    ifyou have ever played just about any RPG, its always kinda bugged me that every different location as you progress through the game are usually about as strong in level just enough for the player having a chance of beating, (aka pokemon dragonqest final fantasy etc). it seemed as if they were just there to pose a challenge to the player, however if you've ever played earthbound zero (mother 1) there were always some kind of enemy you cant beat so your only option is to run. alot of people hated this but i personally loved it because it always put you in a "fight or flight" situation.

7. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

I played Dwarf Fortress and Dungeon Crawl, so i know what you speak about :p

TTCBuilder and ArmouredPixie like this.
  8. TTCBuilder

TTCBuilder Jackpot!

My favorite part is where you tell a dwarf to run, then it goes berserk and kills all the enemies.
    Miners seem to do this a lot.
    I love this idea though... but in dwarf fortress if you throw enough dwarves at it you can usually kill it.
    *SFS(Secret "Fun" Stuff) requires 10 medium armed dwarves to kill*
    I wonder if there could be one where touching certain blocks or going near a certain area, like a nest attracts the unstoppable beast.
    Like if you stole a "Surprisingly small fuzzy creature" from a nest where the adult beast will come onto screen and begin chasing you. Run.
    Although on that note I'd like some creatures like Lurkers from Starcraft Brood War, that you'd have to dig up to get them out of the ground.

ArmouredPixie likes this.
  9. TheEnderMaster

TheEnderMaster Subatomic Cosmonaut

makes the game have much more variety :up: i gives you my likes