Digital Ymedron and the art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ymedron, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Zman12380

Zman12380 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow, these are awesome pieces of art! I would diffidently like to see more!!!!

2. Hi there!
    I wanna thank you for all this AMAZING art and for your kind advices :) :cookie:
    And I would be really happy to see some Avians made in your art style (surely if you deem it possible and desirable). I think yuo're REALLY GOOD at drawing birds.:DD
    You may consider it as a request.:mindwurm:

3. Nathan B.

Nathan B. Phantasmal Quasar

god damn it T_T i hate this alert system

4. Thank you peeps. <:V!
    It seems the thread has been marked a digital art thread, maybe that is what bumped it up?
    Regardless. I understand your unhappiness Lone. :c Makes the lack of content even more obvious.

I'll see what I can do about this. Wishes of luck.

5. Nathan B.

well at least you're still amazing :p i myself have been practicing a lot buuuuut haven't made much improvement T_T

6. Have you tried drawing from life? That actually does wonders for your artistic ability. Though of course it'll be frustating if you aren't sure what you are supposed to do...
    I recommend everyone to go to this site: ctrl+Paint - Digital Painting Simplified
    Though I think I might have already linked there... Regardless!

To the fanfare that rivals Daikatana's release day in lameness, let us present one of these overdue requests. woo! :c Hope its not too disappointing.
    [​IMG]

7. Nathan B.

only thing wrong with it is eh it just seems a bit manly but looks cool regardless

also i have drawn from life and i'd say i do a lot better when i do ... though it's hard to do it with DIGITAL painting soooooo it's hard to get used to that (which i REALLY need to get used to)
    on further inspection ... i made a dick comment ... sorry it's great thanks a lot ^_^

8. Drawing all tough characters manly is a long-standing problem of mine. Its hard to amend since on the other hand I also strongly dislike uber-feminine females. Hrm, problems.
    Regardless, hope you are happy with it to some degree. <l/

With digital painting I would recommend getting familiar with the program and doing some basic stuff like blending and whatnot. (There is a tutorial video on the site).
    If you are using a mouse, Im not sure how you would proceed since mouse is such an unintuitive way to operate a computer. Perhaps in that case you should draw on paper and scan to the computer for colors.

9. Nathan B.

well luckily i have a tablet (bamboo) and it'd probably be easier if i could scan my sketches as i'd say i'm much better with troditional ... buuuut no scanner so MEH

10. Agh, that is a problem...
    Well, to gain better control of your tablet, do some basic shapes like squares and circles and cubes and whatnot.
    You could also copy anatomy books (as long as you pay attention to what you are copying and not just copying for its sake) on pc as well as on hand.

11. Nathan B.

*pats book of Anatomy* i've been told :rofl:

12. TenaciousTinkerer

TenaciousTinkerer Cosmic Narwhal

I never commented on this thread?! Well then this is a bit ockward... Really amazing looking art that your making here :DD

13. shadowcrazy

shadowcrazy Phantasmal Quasar

any chance you'll dabble in background artwork? I'd be interested in seeing how you'd create terrain and such

14. (Thank you deathbringer! <lV!)

As for backgrounds, Im wishing to learn how to do backgrounds, but Im not very confident with my skill in that department.

15. shadowcrazy

well trust me you seem like the kind of person that could do a good background...just think of it as a mess of characters being combined to create scenery

plus with art threads like this having people that admire your work you could probably get some constructive criticism to help you improve

gotta start somewhere friend

16. Nathan B.

actually very well said shadowcrazy

17. True that, but you also need some point to start from with doing them.

I get strongly frustated when doing backgrounds because I don't know what Im supposed to do, and trying harder feels more like practicing the mistakes than learning something new..!

Maybe try speedpainting some day. There are at least tutorials regarding that.

shadowcrazy likes this.
  18. shadowcrazy

maybe switching up from IRL life drawings to some fantasy...draw what you see in the background of life and if anything move on to a game you like and draw it's background or something...maybe that could help

19. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Some beautiful stuff here Ymedron

shadowcrazy and Blube like this.
  20. Wow, thank you Tiy. :eek:! Didn't expect you to drop by.

That's also an option, Shadowcrazy. Maybe I could try that... Hmm.