Digital Ymedron and the art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ymedron, Mar 29, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    Sensorysquid colorations - I love cuttlefishies.

Bamseper, blind sniper and nababoo like this.
  2. Tojo

Tojo Existential Complex

Hehe i like the white striped one its so cute looking.

3. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

Yeah, it's like a catsquidhatX3

4. Aesthetic-Defile

Aesthetic-Defile Subatomic Cosmonaut

I seriously hope your hat is put in the game. Amazing, beautiful art, by the by.

5. Thanks folks. I'm actually liking the hat more now that its design has gotten slightly more refined from repeated drawings.

Unrelated: MINING.
    [​IMG]

Im a big fan of Thief and this is why I chose to make the (frankly hardly visible) character a rogue-like character rather than a warrior. Glowy mushrooms are certainly not standard Thief-fare, but maybe lurking around a pagan-infested mine...

Melissia likes this.
  6. rimvydas

rimvydas Astral Cartographer

Your art is amazing !! I really enjoyed watching that ! :) :proper:

7. Master Pixely

Master Pixely Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh my gosh. I'm with rim here, your art IS amazing.

8. Heyyy guys its been a while. ;W; Thank you for the comments, as always.
    [​IMG]
    Spent today tweaking this picture. Glory!

9. TenaciousTinkerer

TenaciousTinkerer Cosmic Narwhal

GLORY TO THE EYED PUMPKIN, EVERYONE BOW DOWN TO THE ROYAL PUMPKIN!
    Nice working with the pixel textures, though is that a mouth where that smooth spot is?

10. Yes, I was attempting to imply a mouth. The original idea was to have an entire segment of the pumpkin be the jaw, but I dismissed it without trying as being too awkward to draw.
    Perhaps should have tried, but it might have just been a bit weird. Or not.

11. TenaciousTinkerer

Never hurts to attempt, depends if you want it or not in the first place though. Still looks quite cool looking either way :p

12. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

I like it, you can always try :)

13. Eyy another dropping of art.
    [​IMG]
    My brother and his classmates are making a game as an exercise, so I helped them make some assets for their game. The gray pipe-thing is the endpipe and the green one is the launching pipe. (apparently the game is a puzzlegame about launching spheres and bouncing them into the goalpipe with the help of pick-ups. HM.)

14. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

Nice shadings :) Please do tell us when the game is finished :)

15. Im not sure if they will publish it on the 'net. They had a lot of work to be done with it... It could be fun to pixel an entire game somewhat like that style, though.

16. Yet another art, this time something more substantial.
    [​IMG]

Spent a couple hours doing this, because I didn't want to leave the mood I was going for un...Unmade. This leads to a more sloppy presentation, sadly. But at almost 4 am Im inclined to just let it go, relatively happy with what I've already got.

17. STILL MOAR art. Again about my own world, these are related to that black-nosed dinoguy on the first page.
    Due to environmental pressure a colony of these critters have adjusted to live entirely in the sea, without a stable home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

I can see the creepers... they're coming after me :(

Hehe. I'm rather enjoying skimming through this thread :D

19. TenaciousTinkerer

I don't know why but these look really really cool and interesting to me to see how your designing them.

20. Melissa: Never leave your mineshaft unlit... /ghost sounds

Deathbringer: Thanks~ Much of the time I don't really draw out the mental process of my designing, since I still have the bad habit of just going with whatever comes to mind first. However the leader was designed with the more "healthy" process on purpose so that it'll be... better. ;W;
    The first pic was based on a submarine combined with an air support ship, then the one below it was exploring the shape of the nose + chin, and reminded me of Wayne Barlowe's creature that has plants of some kind on its back. The last picture is a step back towards the other ones' design with the plant aspect added.
    /Ymedron Explains Thought Processes part X!

TenaciousTinkerer likes this.