1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

XBox Game Preview Program

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Zyrilius, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Zyrilius

Zyrilius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is this still a thing? Did Starbound just say to hell with consoles at this point? If not, when is it expected to hit the GPP program?

I've asked this in like four related threads and no one answers me :-/

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

It's still planned, but they've probably just not gotten around to it yet. They've been very busy working on the game as it is.

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

As has been said it will be a post release thing. They still plan on the xbox version, but their focus is on the PC version. They don't have a whole lot of people to spread around without work suffering elsewhere.

Jonesy likes this.
  4. Zyrilius

Post-release would skip the GPP program. I read they chose to go with the GPP program on xbox, which would mean pre-release beta. Bumping this post, as I'm curious as to rather or not there have been any updates in this regard.

5. lazarus78

As said, they are focusing on finishing the PC version and the xbox version will come after PCs release. The porting will require some extensive work, thus they will release the game on the preview program.

Also, saying "GPP program" is redundant. The last P stands for program already.

6. Zyrilius

Thanks for taking the time to nitpick my grammar/verbiage. Super helpful

7. lazarus78

My pleasure.

CyborgHobbit likes this.
  8. Regardless of the grammar thing, Lazarus is right. They've been working on PC exclusively until they can get the the full version out. They will be doing all of their ports afterward.

9. Supernorn

Supernorn Starbound Artist and Parallax Pixel Pusher Chucklefish

I can confirm that it's still a thing that is going to happen. I wont say much more, other than we're all excited about it!

10. naps420

naps420 Big Damn Hero

Hopefully soon, as there are going to be many new games entering into the program and I fear that some of the others will take away from the idea of this being one of the earlier ones to hit the program. I was under the impression from E3 that the game would be hitting the program in the Winter, but it is starting to look like that is not going to happen. I already know plenty of people who were super excited in picking this up, but other games hitting the program sooner (such as ARK: Survival Evolved) have already made some lose interests in Starbound.

Regardless, I bought into the early access on Steam when the game first hit EA there and I plan to do the same the second it hits the Xbox's GPP. Keep up the great work!

11. Zyrilius

Bumping the thread since 1.0 has now been released. I appreciate the official confirmation we got on here back in Feb :) I'm still quite interested in getting this on Xbox, as I still tinker with it on PC from time to time also. Any new news?

12. naps420

naps420 Big Damn Hero

I totally agree! With 1.0 out now, it would be great to hear about the Xbox One version, is it coming to the Game Preview program? If so, any word on when? Will it just be a full release instead? If so, when? Any news would be great at this point. I now when I mention this to my Xbox One friends, most of them think it's never coming out.

13. ActualDudeMan

ActualDudeMan Orbital Explorer

I'm so hyped to hear some info on this soon! I love the game on PC and all, but all my friends are on Xbox. It would be nice of them to keep us updated now that the game hit 1.0.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

14. Zyrilius

I'm hyped for the same reason :) I don't have many friends that play with me on steam these days, they've all migrated to xbox. I think starbound would be crazy fun on console.

15. Zyrilius

Someone had to post on a thread and tell me how to enjoy a game? Really? I'll play on whatever system I choose. Go bother someone else.

16. Mnat04

Mnat04 Tentacle Wrangler

I had a felling someone would get mad, sorry for getting you upset

17. ActualDudeMan

ActualDudeMan Orbital Explorer

In all honesty, I'm used to paying for Live. You get some things out of it like party chat and 4 free games a month. I'm sure the only reason Xbox and PS both require it is to continuously fund them, which in turn lets them fund projects such as backwards compatibility and such. Tbh, I think $60-$120 a year for the ability to play online is steep, but I can't get any of my friends on PC, and also a favorite game of mine has yet to be announced for Play Anywhere. But to get back on subject, I love Starbound on PC, I just don't have my good friends to play with there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

18. Zyrilius

Bumpity bump bump :) Been almost a year since we got an official statement in this thread, figured I'd nudge it and ask if there have been any updates on the Xbox front

19. lazarus78

It is unlikely you will get anything in this thread.

Statements have been made on twitter and Reddit saying the xbox version is still in the works.

20. Zyrilius

Aaaaaaand bump. Because I want starbound on Xbox and I don't care about stardew valley lol