1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Xan Union Cargo Cruiser v2.1 - Winter Colours.

Massive Cargo Vessel, 250 blocks long! Includes Unstable Winter and Enraged editions. + 25 Colours!

1. Ax.448

Ax.448 Phantasmal Quasar

Ax.448 submitted a new mod:

Xan Union Cargo Cruiser - Massive Cargo Vessel, 250 blocks long!

Read more about this mod...

2. hocotRT

hocotRT Aquatic Astronaut

Glad to see you're still around. I love your ship mods.

3. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Sweet mod you have here.

4. Ax.448

Ax.448 Phantasmal Quasar

I tend to hang around, I just ended up getting a bit burned out on spriting, and taking a few months break.
    Great to hear that you like 'em, though!

Thanks, it took a while :q

5. kenanthebarbarian

kenanthebarbarian Phantasmal Quasar

I experienced some frame stuttering around the top of the ship, especially in that one long hallway that runs the whole length. I read in the discussion of another ship mod with a similar problem (specifically, the Hylotl Ambassador) that it has to do with ambient lighting effects. Whatever that means.

The frame rate drop doesn't make this mod unusable, though. Yet another great ship design!

6. Ax.448

Ax.448 Phantasmal Quasar

Ah! Yes this was one of the reasons I pushed it out the door early, to see how the performance was on other machines than mine.

I'll rejigger the invisible lights, try to cut down on the total number of them by quite a bit, hopefully that means that you'll be able to avoid the stuttering, once I push out the next update.

That's actually a thing I'm really looking forwards to in the next update, too.
    They'll change the ship system / add in upgradable ships, and most importantly, it'll allow ship exteriors to self-illuminate.
    ( As opposed to having to put hundreds of invisible lights around the outside of the ship. )

7. exgear

exgear Orbital Explorer

I don't suppose you would take a request for a version made from vanilla items? More multiplayer friendly so everyone can see it? I can understand if that is an annoying request. Really love this design.

8. Ax.448

Ax.448 Phantasmal Quasar

It's not an annoying request, but it is a hard one.
    I'm guessing by vanilla items you mean block based, so that it would work 100% in multiplayer without issue?

That wouldn't really be the same ship at all. I mean sure, it could have the same layout, but I'm in no way confident i could make it look particularly good.
    With just straight up spriting it's easier, but I've never been particularly good at combining blocks properly.

All in all, there's nothing I can do, that a player can't do with one of those " Customize your ship! " mods, so I don't think I'll be making one, unfortunately.

9. exgear

exgear Orbital Explorer

Understandable, I just thought I would ask. Still, it is a fantastic ship. Thank for all the hard work.

10. Lord Aries Greyscale

Lord Aries Greyscale Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Huh, maybe I'm the only one who noticed. Maybe I'm the only one annoyed by it.

The doors between cargo pods (and between the pods and the ship) have an invisible and indestructible background tile, and I know that can be fixed, I just don't know how. (specifically, I don't know which line to edit)
    As for screenshots of this error, ironically, you yourself have supplied one! Go ahead and examine the lowest right tile of each door in the second picture in the pictures section of the mod's post and you'll see it.

This is only obscenely annoying when changing the background tiles or removing/changing the doors, as this "missing" tile can't be changed to fit the new decor.

That is all. it's otherwise a wonderfull ship. Heck, I'm not even close to filling the first cargo-pod yet. (or, for that matter, anything at all in the nose of the ship.)

11. Ax.448

Ax.448 Phantasmal Quasar

Well wouldn't you know! Apparently a typo snuck in there, and made Starbound try to assign a material that doesn't exist to the background.
    It's fixed now, and will be present in til v1.0 update, which I'm considering just throwing up today or tomorrow, with or without the extra colour options.
    Still, even if you fixed it yourself, you'd have to regen the ship, which isn't particularly fun after you've started settling in.

Great to hear that you enjoy it, though!

12. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

A large ship,with everything close by...............................I'm having a hard time concealing my Erection right now.

13. Ax.448

Ax.448 Phantasmal Quasar

Well yeah, I've always been a bit annoyed when I see ships with the teleporter, cockpit, and fuel tank far apart, so I tend to smack them pretty close together.
    After all, sometimes you just want to hop into the ship, hop to the next planet, and hop off again.

bayley likes this.
  14. Lord Aries Greyscale

Lord Aries Greyscale Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Great to hear! And yeah, while I've got all the time I want to faff-about with re-genning the ship, and will be making extensive use of the "Moveable containers" mod to simply move all the stuff by moving the chests they're in, ... It's a reeaaaa~llly boring thing.
    Still, I've only got the one character to do it for, I've just gotta work up the will.

Allso, since I'm typing anyway, aside from possible use as Prison cells, what was the intent behind the tiny rooms in the ship's nose?

15. Ax.448

Ax.448 Phantasmal Quasar

The tiny rooms? Most likely small equipment storage, for when the containers aren't docked to the ship.

But really because I wanted an access back up to the long hallway without it just being a straight ladder up, and nothing else.

16. Kiritoblade

Kiritoblade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The ship dose not work for me..i dont really know why i dont have that many mods and i'm not on unstable of nightly build o . o

17. Ax.448

Ax.448 Phantasmal Quasar

Alright then, try to take a round of troubleshooting 101, remove all mods you currently have installed.

Double check that you're installing them correctly ( \SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods\Xan Union Cargo Liner- Ax.448\Ship.modinfo )
    Unpacking ships can sometimes lead to you for example having an extra folder, like Xan ship / Xan ship / ship parts, which I'm nore sure Starbound handles well.

And then try installing only this ship, and see if it works, by default it installs to the avian race, but you can alter that pretty easily by going into the mod's folder, then ships, then rename the avian folder to the race you want to play.

18. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Phantasmal Quasar

I noticed on your Tumbler:
    Blue is my favorite color, so this suits me just fine! Though, it might be nice to have the typical color palette to choose from: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow... (I might try Yellow if I play Apex again. Or Novakid. And I could see going Green if playing as Floran.) Optionally, perhaps High-Tech Grey, Orange, and/or Purple?

Also, I hope you get that typo-fix released, soon. I wanna take this behemoth out for a spin!

19. Ax.448

Ax.448 Phantasmal Quasar

Well, since you asked nicely.
    Haven't had a whole lot of time, between work and school, so the colours still aren't finished, but otherwise the new v 1.0 is feature complete,
    which means that once I upload the colours as well, you won't need to regen the ship, only swap out the images.

20. Ax.448

Ax.448 Phantasmal Quasar