Wyrd Order Of Furries x2

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by OmniGeoff, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

2. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

3. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Erm, maybe we could have tried... using more civil methods? Geneva Convention kinda like banned using Monty Python references in forums arguments.

4. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Damn, I'll need to tell the French.

5. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Well, what can I say? Nobody expects an Elsweyr Inquisition!

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I, for one, welcome our new feline overlords.

It can't be me. I'm not gouging the anti-furry's eyes out.

I contributed a Deus Ex reference to break it up.

Edit: I've made a draft of Desulti race relations, if anyone wants to read and give feedback.

Humans – The Desulti have had little contact with humans; mostly explorers and traders seeking opportunity in distant lands. A couple of those who have met them pointed out that the Desulti bear resemblance to an animal on earth, called a “kangaroo”. While the humans found this amusing, the reactions of the Desulti have been mixed. Some wonder if they’re an evolutionary predecessor or a paranormal sign, while more think it’s a coincidence.

Avians – After discovering an automated probe launched by the Avians, the Desulti established long-range contact with them. It would be many years before an envoy would be sent to Tisetora, establishing a permanent line of communication between the two races’ governments. Several missionaries have tried preaching their belief in Kluex to the Desulti, but with very little success.

Apex – Diplomacy between the Desulti government and the MiniKnog is very limited, since the two rarely see eye-to-eye (especially on issues of personal freedom and scientific ethics). On the fringes, Desulti space is known to be a destination for Apex fleeing the regime. Often intercepted by the Aerospace Force, they undergo a screening process before being accepted and registered as refugees (or, in rare cases, rejected and turned back). It is not unheard of for rebels to seek out refuge in Desulti space, and may well be accepted as “political refugees”.

Florans – As a result of some Florans’ aggressive nature towards non-plant races, there have been several incidents as a result (the most infamous of which involved a young joey reportedly being eaten). As a result, the Desulti have set a stringent series of policies and processes to regulate the presence of Florans in their society. Only those found to be benign enough not to pose a risk are allowed entry, and will usually go on to fit in well. Should they be found unsuitable, they are forced to leave Desulti space.

Hylotl – Given their nature and philosophy, the Hylotl are usually welcomed with open arms into Desulti society. Larger cities and colonies sometimes have a dedicated Hylotl district, complete with traditional architecture and festivals. Hylotl cuisine altered for Desulti digestive systems are a popular delicacy, while temples are known to teach Hylotl ideals of beauty, peace and empathy.

Glitch – Relations with the Glitch has mostly consisted of expedition forces sent by both sides. Contact has also been made with some Glitch “kings”, but full-scale diplomacy with the race has yet to be undertaken. Even so, the occasional self-aware outcast may be seen in Desulti space as they flee persecution from their own or seek a new life. While most pass through on their way to parts unknown, a few have been known to stay.

Novakid – Despite their short memory and attention spans significantly limiting official diplomacy (not to mention their rarity in Desulti space), the Novakid are still known to be good company to the Desulti. They tend to be very excited to meet new races, and the Desulti have been no exception. Both races are more than willing to learn more about the other (even though the Novakid will inevitably forget), and perhaps share a few drinks as well.

What do you think, sirs?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Left and Tleno like this.
  7. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

Anyone wanna watch me edit a video?
    Edit: -Next time-

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  8. Mystic_Wulf

Mystic_Wulf Existential Complex

Gahh my school has been out this entire week, for a regular teen this would be cool, but i'm not regular.

Phlosioneer likes this.
  9. Ironpaw

Ironpaw Phantasmal Quasar

There's nothing worse than not being regular, I recommend...

[​IMG]

But seriously, whose strings did you have to pull to get a week out of school?

Jonesy likes this.
  10. Mystic_Wulf

It's called Winter and a Huge Snow storm where the workers do nothin to clean it

America even your workers don't care.

11. Ironpaw

Must be some blizzard if school closes for an entire week. Can't remember the last time anything closed around here because of snow and that's counting the times I needed 4wd to get around. Pretty happy this cold snap is finally letting up though.

12. Mystic_Wulf

Well it became -20F over here and 6-10 inches of snow :p, the workers are just lazy

13. Ironpaw

I would be lazy too in this cold, 30 below is pretty chilly lol. Was lots of fun trying to start my truck after forgetting to plug it in.

14. Mystic_Wulf

Yeah but that was about a few days ago 030

15. Ironpaw

Yea, today felt like shorts weather compared to it. And its supposed to be even warmer tomorrow, talk about a temperature shift.

16. Ironpaw

Dunno but it dose that to me too every once in a while.

17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That usually only happens if you don't pay attention to the page count and don't go to the last page. If you click on an alert and do not follow the thread to the last page it will not send you any more alerts until you finish reading the thread.

18. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I watched this today. It gave me new appreciation for kangaroos, told me some things I didn't need to now about their mating habits, and gave me a few ideas for the Desulti.

I remember this guy doing a Christopher Walkenthrough (where they get some game footage and get someone to do commentary impersonating Christopher Walken). In one he was called by another guy (impersonating Morgan Freeman), who told him to drink some prune juice, put on his big boy pants and join him in shooting some midgets in Borderlands 2. That amused me, for some reason.

Phlosioneer and SuicideRey like this.
  19. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Dang you Americans, hoarding all the oil winter for yourself! We got no snow this whole time, and you're having all the fun and causalities! :(
    My part-Russia heart longs for snow... :poo:

20. I feel so good today... THIS IS WEIRD
    [​IMG]

:33

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.